The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to do a diy antelope this year around that area. Anybody know of any ranches that charge a reasonable tresspass fee?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Not that exact area but halfway from their to Casper there's lots of goats and easy draw for tags. Units 25, 26, 113. Google "kaycee chamber of commerce" and find the Meike Ranch contact info.

Plus...you need to get yourself a gps with color mapping abilities and pick up this program for it.

http://www.huntinggpsmaps.com/

BLM/State ground is open to hunting (with a few exceptions) if you can access it from a NUMBERED road. But you have to know EXACTLY where you are. If you can read a map buy a Wyo Gazetteer as well.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
I've noticed a lot of "walk on" areas that seem to always have antelope when I drive thru Wyoming. They are probably listed on Wyoming's DOW website.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
As mentioned, The Wyoming DOW will send you a listing of ranches that charge trespass fees to hunt, I have the listing for the Gillette area, but it's a few years old, PM me if you want me to e-mail it to you. Just a word of advice, be prepared to make a LOT of phone calls, most of these ranches have hunters that return each year, and space is pretty limited.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
There's a lot of antelope outfitters that have the private land locked up in NE Wyo. The areas I suggested aren't nearly as bad and LOTS of BLM land that is quite easily accessed. The Game and Fish will send the lists for that area as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts