The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grice's gun shop in Clearfield kicked off their "Shooters Days" today. Elbow to elbow could not really look at anything. It's always busy but today was nuts. Near as I could tell they had a decent supply of powders. Small rifle primers I heard were gone, No .22 rimfire except some high end Eley. Could not wait to get out of there.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I was going to try it but my brother was hhospitalized and just got home last night. Glad I didn't fight the crowd.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
My cousin got there a little after doors opened. He said the line for reloading components stretched to the back of the store. He was able to get powder and some primers but said the bullet selction was very poor. I wasn't expecting him to be able to get it but he managed to get me a couple pounds of Titegroup and CFE223 powder. From what he said, it would be a waste of time to go this weekend if you needed components because they were mostly out by the time he left.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I went down just before 4:00. I had called ahead and ordered/payed for what I wanted over the phone. It was ready when I got there, and I was in and out in about 10 minutes.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Wow am I glad I read this "were" planning a trip to grice tomorrow morning(2 hrs for me) to build my stock on primers,powder,,bullets, and maybe browse for a gun. LOL. I have enough for awhile but I was convinced a one more couldn't hurt.

·
Registered
452 Posts
It was dead when I was there; must have hit the right time. I have been there when it's a madhouse though. The other posters aren't exaggerating, it can be elbow to elbow.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
It has been pretty busy every day now since the recent events happened, but most of the crowd is back around the handgun/tactical area......

BTW, I dont care if it saved me 500 dollars, I wouldn't go near the place during one of these sales......

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Buckshot1822 said:
BTW, I dont care if it saved me 500 dollars, I wouldn't go near the place during one of these sales......
What he said. Yep.

I made the mistake of going there during a sale once. ONCE.

A lot of times, I'll take the Grice sale weekend to go visit more local shops.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
There's certainly no sign of a recession going on by the looks of things..I wish we'd stop hoarding all this reloading supplies it takes so long for the stock to show up again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts