The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Yodeldog, A Credit Card distress call works great on the ladies....

·
Registered
465 Posts
I've tried cottontail distress, woodpecker distress, female howl, male howl, grey fox distress (I need to learn how to do a turkey distress, the turkey numbers up here are more than I have ever seen). Haven't gotten anything to come to the call, however, its been very windy up north and on several occasions I know I've been winded.

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
Keep in mind every coyote East of the Mississippi has heard every call imagineable by this time of the year.

·
Registered
18,581 Posts
Just running dogs. The boys killed one yesterday, a 45lb male. Also managed a 31lb male the day before that.
Last Saturday we had two going that pulled right out. The Saturday before we had one that ran great, kept circling in the same swamp for six hours. I saw the coyote two times but couldn't get a shot. The yote was spotted four other times but nobody could get a shot off.
My dad is out today but I took my daughter to see "The Bunny" and ended up attending two different Easter Egg Hunts.

·
Premium Member
24,189 Posts
I wonder if an Easter Bunny distress would work

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I was out yesterday morning early..for a 5 hour 4 setups...not a thing but turkeys gobbling for about 30 mins..I tried female howl+ male howls..distress, cottontail+ woodpecker distress..not a thing for 5 hours...so i'm hitting another spot..did find some scat along the trail in a few spots so that was good...Rusty

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
i went out this morning first setup just as it was getting light nothing, second setup at around 715 with sun coming up called in 2 coyotes to 50 yards and everything went bad from there, we both had shotguns, yotes seen call and froze and started to leave, took a couple shots at them running away. maybe next time. every time i think i have them figured out they beat me somehow!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts