The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody buy tickets for the show, but has since decided to boycott it? If you aren't using your tickets, I wouldn't mind taking them off your hands so we don't have to give anymore money to the show in case of a slim chance that we decide on going.

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
Double Lung 20 said:
Anybody buy tickets for the show, but has since decided to boycott it? If you aren't using your tickets, I wouldn't mind taking them off your hands so we don't have to give anymore money to the show.
DL, Your 1 of the Problems!

As Skube said

I'll go further, WHY even go to the show?

To hear the Crickets Chirp?

If you haven't already, do a search on "Boycott the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show" and See ALL That are pulling out of the show.

Hour by HOUR the list is GROWING!!

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
skube said:
Are you serious?
Dead serious. If I do decide to go last minute because my gf wants to experience it, I would consider going, but I don't want to give ESOS anymore money.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Woodywoodduck said:
Double Lung 20 said:
Anybody buy tickets for the show, but has since decided to boycott it? If you aren't using your tickets, I wouldn't mind taking them off your hands so we don't have to give anymore money to the show.
DL, Your 1 of the Problems!

As Skube said

I'll go further, WHY even go to the show?

To hear the Crickets Chirp?

If you haven't already, do a search on "Boycott the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show" and See ALL That are pulling out of the show.

Hour by HOUR the list is GROWING!!
I am WELL aware of the boycott efforts. HOW am I part of the problem? Please explain. Heck, I even gave the person the idea to start that FB page before it started. I still say attendance won't be down more than 50% of what it was last year.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kudu58 said:
Double Lung 20 said:
skube said:
Are you serious?
Dead serious. If I do decide to go last minute because my gf wants to experience it, I would consider going, but I don't want to give ESOS anymore money.
Sounds like time for a new gf...
Haha why? I am sure she isn't aware of the boycott (as well as many more people than you can imagine). She asked me if I was going. I said probably not.

·
Registered
10,702 Posts
Double Lung 20 said:
kudu58 said:
Double Lung 20 said:
skube said:
Are you serious?
Sounds like time for a new gf...
Haha why? I am sure she isn't aware of the boycott (as well as many more people than you can imagine). She asked me if I was going. I said probably not.
Then you should make her aware and tell her why both of you are definitely not going.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
kudu58 said:
Then you should make her aware and tell her why both of you are definitely not going.
But you are missing the point. I am not going to discourage her from going. I just don't want to feed them more money as people have already purchased their tickets and won't be using them! I figure if we used them, ESOS is still out of the same amount of money vs if we went and bought tickets ourselves.

·
Registered
10,702 Posts
Double Lung 20 said:
kudu58 said:
But you are missing the point. I am not going to discourage her from going. I just don't want to feed them more money as people have already purchased their tickets and won't be using them! I figure if we used them, ESOS is still out of the same amount of money vs if we went and bought tickets ourselves.
That is an absolutely hysterical statement. You are still planning on attending this show with all that is going on right now and you tell me that I am missing the point... Wow is all I have to say. Enjoy the show while you are selling out all of your fellow gun owners.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Double Lung 20 said:
I still say attendance won't be down more than 50% of what it was last year.
DL,

You have to make your own decision and I won't fault you either way, but, if attendance is in fact down 50% this year the boycott will have been a huge success. That would be a shortfall of 100,000 attendees, I hope your prediction is correct.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
kudu58 said:
Double Lung 20 said:
kudu58 said:
That is an absolutely hysterical statement. You are still planning on attending this show with all that is going on right now and you tell me that I am missing the point... Wow is all I have to say. Enjoy the show while you are selling out all of your fellow gun owners.
NO! I am NOT planning on attending. I was just saying for some reason if we did change our minds, I wouldn't want to give ESOS anothe dime. That's my point. Get in on somebody who already paid the money to ESOS and has now decided they won't be attending. It doesn't matter what people do with tickets they already purchased because ESOS already got their money! THAT is my point. You still don't see it?

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
They way the vendors are pulling out with 2 weeks to go. I am almost betting good money wont be a show. And double lung like kudu said thanks for selling our your fellow gun owners.

·
Registered
320 Posts
If EVERYBODY would refuse to go there wouldn't be a show. EVERYBODY has to stick together!!! This is the only way we are going to keep are gun rights. They keep wanting to take soon there will be nothing to take. I never thought this would get this big, but the way it is going there may be no show just hoping it bites them GOOD

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
kudu58 said:
Double Lung 20 said:
kudu58 said:
That is an absolutely hysterical statement. You are still planning on attending this show with all that is going on right now and you tell me that I am missing the point... Wow is all I have to say. Enjoy the show Crickets Chirp while you are selling out all of your fellow gun owners.
kudu, I fixed it for you....Maybe if he reads about the Crickets Enough, he might figure it out!

Also, we need to Remember what he is planning on doing...when his life style that revolves around Predator Hunting and Archery Hunting gets put in the spot Light to get the ax, we should say "Sorry, you could Not stand up for the 2A when it was facing the Ax at the ESOS!!"

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
loridr said:
Double Lung 20 said:
I still say attendance won't be down more than 50% of what it was last year.
DL,

You have to make your own decision and I won't fault you either way, but, if attendance is in fact down 50% this year the boycott will have been a huge success. That would be a shortfall of 100,000 attendees, I hope your prediction is correct.
I hope less than half the people show up this year as compared to last years show. BUT, I am not confident that it will happen. There are plenty of people who plan on going that don't check online forums, or constantly obsess about the outdoors like many of us on HPA. They probably don't realize just how big of a push some are making for the boycott.

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
Dale Sholder said:
They way the vendors are pulling out with 2 weeks to go. I am almost betting good money wont be a show. And double lung like kudu said thanks for selling our your fellow gun owners.
From what was said Earlier on the Facebook Boycott the ESOS, Reed Ex., is to make a Public announcement tomorrow somtime

·
Registered
583 Posts
Thats why we live in the USA..we love our freedoms and rights, and its your freedom to go. But just remember, the animals that are putting this show on for the sportsman, are the same animals not supporting our rights.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dale Sholder said:
I am not selling out any gun owner. I am not giving ESOS a dime this year.

I am not planning on attending the show this year either, as said many times before.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts