The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys been to either of these streams recently? Thinking about heading out if the weather breaks soon. Getting cabin fever pretty bad

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lots of views and no responses, definitely must be February Still lol. If any of you would like to plan a saturday or sunday on the stream at either of these creeks in the near future PM me and we will make it happen. Would love to get some pointers and constructive criticism by someone more experienced, this is only my second year with FF equipment. Tight lines

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I went to grove city for college and it's been a while but if you are just learning I would hit up neshannock and the fly shop there. I did a lot of learning on that stream. Only went to slippery rock dhalo once and it's big water... Harder for a beginner IMO. The fly shop has good stream reports and will help with fly selection.... Miss that stream tho it can get crowded

·
Registered
183 Posts
im heading up to Buffalo DHALO on saturday.. they stocked this week

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I plan on swinging by early tomorow morning to see how crowded it is, only a 15 min drive from my house. If its as packed as I figure it will be with the recent stocking and this sunny weather I will probably just wait for another day

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great video. What are of DHALO is that? Down past hays bridge by the new bridge or futher down the stream? Looks like it was cold!

I didn't make it out today, went to volant to pick up some tying materials and ended up spending the afternoon at the vise. A buddy that lives in fenalten drove down there today and said there were guys everywhere

·
Registered
183 Posts
i caught a few at buffalo and then left cuz it was crowded..i went to bull creek DHALO and caught 20+

·
Registered
183 Posts
bull creek DHALO is along thompson road in fawn township..its about a mile long

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Benny P said:
Hey ChrisLD, I have been there a few times. The fishing has been good, but today it got hammered. Did you make it out? I caught 5 early and then had to head home. The water was cold (around 33) and not much going. Here is a video from this week out there. I posted it a day ago in the trout/salmon area.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3T3ayfDrzk
Nice stuff Benny!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fished buffalo today, got there around 830 with a buddy. There were 3 guys leaving when we pulled in that didn't seem to be having to much success. I caught 3 and lost 2 upstream of the big hole on morrow rd. We then drove downstream to some of the other areas and only had a few bites and managed 2 fish combined down there. Ended up leaving around 1230 because of frusration and lack of fish biting. Breaking brand new leaders because of bonehead casts and frozen eyelets were giving me fits, not to mention it was 28 degrees and I was COLD.

Cant wait till the season opens up and I can hit some bigger water to actually work on casting, not just making whatever casts works because there is brush right behind you like you have to on buffalo.

Either way a fun morning and it beat sitting inside. I got to try my brand new st croix imperial 9ft 4wt and cabelas wlx real today so that was nice. Good luck to anybody going out, and be prepared for highly pressured fish already if you venture to DHALO on buffalo

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Benny, you guys had way too much fun!! I'm jealous.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts