The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I thought I would post a few pics of some stuff I have made in the last few months, and some stuff from a while ago that I have made for myself, and others.....

I bought a house (it was a camp) a few months ago, and the bathroom was equipped with a wall mount sink, and a cheezy old medicine cabinet........So, I made this sink base cabinet, and this medicine cabinet......I made them out of rough cut (I do this a lot) even though I have all the tools to plane, and cut wood down.......I like the rustic look that rough cut has......I just sand it until it is relatively smooth without taking the rough cut look away from it......

Sink Base

Medicine Cabinet

Next is a few shelves that I made for my Mother for Christmas a while ago........

I also made her this coat tree for inside her entryway.....

Ill try and take a few pictures of some other recent work too, and I am in the process of building a nice little reloading bench for in my living room (Only place I can put it) out of solid oak that I will post up when I am done with it......

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
Buckshot,looks great... I love woodworking and I need to get back into it in my shop, just need to figure out what to make........

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i like the deer antler shelves! how did you secure the wood onto the antlers?
They were actually really simple to make........I took a small log, and cut it in half with the band saw then ran it over a joiner just to level them off.........I drilled holes through the antler in to the log, and then I just ran screws through the holes.........

Antlers are really hard, so I had a little bit of a rough time getting screws in there without snapping them off.......I used a lot of soap, and was able to get them done finally.....

·
Registered
445 Posts
Your works look great, thanks for the ideas. You've got my wheels spinning.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
looks great! love the antler shelves..
here is a picture of gun cabinet i just finished.
the handle pieces are chrome twigs.. thought it was neat so i used them instead of black!

(sorry for the crappy pic.. it was on my cell phone!)

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Here is one of mine I am proud of. This piece was actually part of a really old piece. I bought the remnants at an auction and rebuilt it with my own interrpretation. The reason I bought the broken relic is because I could see it was American Chestnut. I had to salvage a few pieces from my own small supply to finish this. See the beautiful figure of the top in pics.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
It is beautiful ! I had to remove all the wifes "stuff" to take the photo's, then put it all back, hope I did it right!

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Everything looks great.......Joe, I really like the looks of that old chestnut....

Here is a pic of the reloading bench I just finished.......more pics in the separate thread above....

·
Registered
688 Posts
Everything looks Looks Great!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Here is some of my handmade wooden stuff

At camp

On its way to camp

Woodturned stuff

For a friend from their camp.