The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought id post as a shot in the dark. Know there were a few White Rifle who posted here years ago.

Any you ole Dirty White Boys inliners still kickin?? I had a custom Super 91 .504 caliber built/accurized by Doc White himself back in 2004. A very heavily built plunger style inline. They were built with a custom super fast 1:20 twist Wilson barrel to shoot heavy conicals....460, .495 grain etc. Specially designed to load as a "slip fit" load with conicals cast as a .503 or .5035. You can shoot all day without swabbing with this unique loading system.
Doc White With My Rifle-100 yds open sights

·
Registered
30 Posts
I once had a White G Series Whitetail .504 caliber that I bought used but never fired it.
It came with a 209 conversion kit, a Burris scope and a bunch of .503 Power Punch 400 grain bullets.
It was a beautiful rig but just not for me.
So I passed it along.
-Click to open the image in a new tab to see it full size--

Attachments

·
Registered
654 Posts
I got my share. Started with a used whitelighting from a gunshop maybe 15 years ago. The rest I bought from Doc White or online sites. I have have a whitetail .410, 2 whitelightning .504, a super91 in .451, a thunderbolt in .451 that I converted to super91 action, and a Bison in .504. Plus a Doc made 12" flintlock fowler with screw-in chokes.

The Tbolt is the one I have a long range gun. 2-3" groups at 200yards and a drop compensating scope. Beyond, 125 yards, I would need the laser rangefinder to know where to aim. Also love the feel of the Bison.

I'd love to find a super safari stock for the Super 91.

The whitelightnings will get restocked and become my daughters guns when they get older.

I buy my conicals from No Excuses https://www.muzzleloading-bullets.com/shop/

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Neat guys!!

Nice lookin rig there Sun!!

Chickenlittle...I also bought bullets from Dave at No Excuses!! They are fine bullets. I used his 460 grain(.503) with good results. I see he still ships(before receiving payment) with an invoice. Old fashioned way of doing business.:smile2:

·
Registered
654 Posts
I am actually adding to my collection. I keep a search on Gunbroker for Whites that come up for sale. I just completed an auction for a White Bison in .540. I've wanted one for a while. The last one that came up was overpriced but this was reasonable, looked in good shape and no one else bid. Can't say I have a need for it but it will be mine anyway. Will need another order from No Excuses when it gets here.

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CL....good luck with that White Bison in .540!!

When I bought my White Super 91 .504 back in 2004 an ole White fanatic Ed Mehlig(used to post here) suggested buying a complete xtra plunger assembly plus breech plug which I did. So far the original is like new but doesn't hurt to have a back-up since gun is out of production.:smile2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts