The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At Fort Indiantown Gap? Plan on taking my grandson there to do a little fishing. Anybody have any experience on the lake? Spots to try? Rent a boat or fish from shore? Any advice appreciated, I haven't done much lake fishing since I was kid.

loridr

·
Registered
226 Posts
I was just there on the 4th. Tough day. 20-30 kayakers paddling across all the likely spots. water was 76 degrees. We caught a couple of decent bass using texas rigged worms in watermelon and pumpkin pepper. From shore could be really tough, because all the spots get fished hard, all season long. good luck.

·
Registered
11,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We were over there on Friday. Caught some small bluegills, a pumpkin seed or two and a small pickerel. Grandson was happy to catch some fish so all was good

·
Registered
6,479 Posts
I did fish there years back.. I would troll with my electric motor and sadly hardly catch anything...Fishing from shore same thing.. Small bream.. I suppose there is a time and place for when the big ones hit.. I do know that it's been talked about as being a good Northern Pike Lake..?????????? The best time to fish the lakes of Pa is in the Fall...

·
Registered
6,479 Posts
I understand Lake Tobias has some blue gills in their pond.. As you know that up over Peters Mountain going toward Lykens..That might be a nice place to take the kids and then visit their animals too..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts