The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious on some general info on your success or opinion of Forbes state forest and it wildlife population. I guess specifically the south eastern part off of Five Forks road near Lake Courage. I bought a cabin in WVa because I kayak around this area all summer. So this public ground is the closest place in Pa for me to hunt. I might check it out on the last day of rifle season for the first time. Just would like to hear from some who have had some experience there. Another close option would be SGL #265 along route 40. Thanks in advance for the help, Sam

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Yo. You are probably referring to the Quebec Wilderness area of the Forbes State Forest. This tract is pretty big and can be accessed from a few different areas. Also go on the PGC web site and look for SGL 138 I believe. Limited parking but another option. I have not really hunted either but have mtn biked in Quebec alot You have to do some scouting and see where they have done some cutting. also off of Kirby road i did grouse hunt in there and alot of mtn laurel, and bear scat. Where is your cabin.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
My buddy has a camp in the Quebec Wilderness area. We mostly hunt private ground but do venture into Forbes occasionally. Tough hunting, lots of shooting

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey peddle-paddle, I have not checked out the Quebec area yet. I was not referring to that area though. More just a separate piece of Forbes, the south eastern most section where Fike Run goes thru. It is the closest Pa land for me to get to from my WVa cabin just 5 miles into WVa below Five Forks. I kayaked down Fikes this past spring and the terrain of the mountain and the hemlocks looked really good, so I want to check it out on foot maybe the last day of rifle.
Anybody else have some info on this place?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts