The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting one for my new bow. Any thoughts or comments? Does the rest come with the cord clip or do you have to buy that separately?

Thanks

·
Registered
615 Posts
my buddy shoots the QAD rest [same design] he told me the reason he picked this one was the launcher had a better design, he has the lowest grade one .... timing your bow only takes a couple of shots..... then serving the cord into string.... best thing about the rest is it holds your arrow on until you shoot. his rest came with everything!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I had a ripcord on one of my bows and liked it alot, but since then I've been using QAD rests. They are very similar to the ripcord but will stay in the up position if you let down slowly instead of shooting. That prevents your arrow from hitting the rest or shelf and possibly spooking a deer.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
i believe the new ripcords now hold your arrow in the up position if you let the bow down, i returned my ripcord last year when i realized it didnt and bought the qad because of that.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
I bought mine in June and it drops when you let down. I put some moleskin on the shelf on my bow and there's no noise when it puts the shaft down.

I sprayed mine with foot powder spray and played with my nock rotation a bit. I couldn't MAKE it have fletching contact, and I use 4" vanes with a helical on them. It literally eliminates contact issues, at least for me.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I like mine alot but if I were buying a new rest I'd probably look in to buying a QAD rest. Just for the fact that it stays up if u let down. Unless the new Ripcord does it. The reason these two are my favorites is the fact that the arrow is completely secure, it can't come off the rest at all.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
brd1016 i feel the same way with the qad there is no chance of the arrow bouncing or falling off. im pretty sure thats how the new ripcords are now.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I have had a rip cord for 5 years or so. Overall pretty happy. When I bought my new bow and switched it over i had some contact issues with blazers. 2 shops couldnt figure it out so I switched back to feathers ( I like the look of feathers better anyways) and have no issues. When I bought mine ripcord was the only full containment drop away. I wouldnt be afraid of others have heard mostly good things about the QAD.

·
Registered
287 Posts
my local pro shop sells both but he says he likes the rip cord better even tho it falls because there is just a little plastic piece that performs that task and if it breaks you just have a regular dropaway you can buy for $40

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
I had a QAD last year and took it off because it seemed impossible to get rid of fletching contact. I bought a new Ripcord Code Red this year and really like it so far. No contact issues or timing issues like the QAD. Not to mention the Ripcord is made of all metal parts and no plastic like the QAD. It does not have the slow let down feature like the QAD's do, but I haven't had any issues with that yet. A little moleskin on the shelf will dampen any sound should you have to let down after you draw.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts