The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like to get a 300 Win Mag. I have been looking at a bunch of different rifles. I have been leaning towards the Thompson Center Venture. Has anybody used a TC Venture? what do you think...what about the new TC Venture with Weather Shield? Anybody see or use the TC Venture with weather shield yet?

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
For the price the Venture has a lot to offer. Guaranteed MOA, lifetime warranty, 60 deg. bolt, etc...

I dont own one yet but do have a few shooting buddies that have them. they have all been impressive out of the box

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I have one in 7mm Mag that shoots much better than the MOA guarantee. I just picked one up in 280 but have not shot it yet. May pick up another in 338WM or wait until the 270WSM and 300WSM make it to the shelves.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
i have only heard good reviews on this gun. i love T/C guns but do not own a venture yet. have been waiting for the .280 to arrive. now that it has, that will be my next purchase.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I never had any problems with mine or heard of any with issues from some of my buddies that shoot them. Very accurate, and the warranty is second to none.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I have read nothing but good reviews on the Venture. My friend and I purchased a couple of them a few months ago and have been very impressed. Mine is a 223 and his is a 308. Both were tack drivers right out of the box. Super tight groups with both calibers, in fact he was putting shots in the same hole with the 308 !!
A lot of gun for the money IMO.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I purchased a 300 win mag Venture after researching lots of different rifles and couldn't be happier. After getting it sighted in I was cutting bullet holes at 100 yards right out of the box. By far the best bang for the buck I've even seen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts