The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading up to Lake Arthur for 3-day weekend. Anyone have any reports on the bite? I usually launch at 528 Bridge, but will be launching at McDaniel's and fishing the north end this time. Any reports or tips appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
6,026 Posts
Fish the brush piles in 8 to 10 feet. Crappies will be suspended. If you know were the brush piles are you'll get em.

·
Super Moderator
4,594 Posts
Stay off the brush piles on Sunday!

There is a tournament on Sunday, launching outta 528.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks You Any tips on finding those "brush piles"? Do I just work the shorelines where I see down trees? Or do I need to find them on a fish finder?

·
Super Moderator
4,594 Posts
Nak said:
Thanks You Any tips on finding those "brush piles"? Do I just work the shorelines where I see down trees? Or do I need to find them on a fish finder?
Use your sonar.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Has the lake turned yet hoping to get the boat out on sunday want to know if its worth fishing or just go for a boat ride

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all! Fished Fri, Rain Sat,1/2 Sun. Ran into a couple guys fishing tourney. Not great for Bass bight, landed one nice one off the point of Pleasant valley on Wiggle Wart. My 8yr old caught one on a sassy shad right off of the big pontoon at McDaniels. Several Blue Cats from Cabin dock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts