The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20,255 Posts
Nobody wants that dirt from Pennypack and State road....you can put it on concrete and it still grows tomatoes even if you didn't put down seeds

·
Registered
18,571 Posts
Look for mountain spring. I planted memorial day and have been picking for a week. Good early tomato with chill resistance, not frost but cold hardy. Don't look great but taste like the real deal. Waugh!

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Picked several cherry maters so far and have an early girl that is pretty orange that will be ready this week.
Neighbor has a plant full of early girls ripe for picking right now that I drool over every time I look over from my pool deck. Kicker is he doesn't even eat them. Only his wife does!
Picked several green peppers already but my peppers lower leaves are falling off. Must have some kind of blight or something. Green peppers, jalapenos, hungarian waxes, they are all doing it.

·
Registered
18,571 Posts
Don't everyone use plants started inside? These are 60 day tomatoes. Jet star are 72 day and early girl are 68 day.
If you are planting tomatoes from seed outdoors good luck picking a second hand in most od PA. Waugh!

·
Banned
40,543 Posts
Not from seeds but seedlings. I usually get tomatoes from end of July through September.

I don't know if any of you guys do this but I clip off the suckers and plant them also. I'll get around a dozen or two tomatoes off of them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.