The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just bought a leftover 2014 Polaris RZR 800 last night. We were looking for 2015 RZR 570s, but got a good deal on the 800. I only got to drive it around the block so far
but it seems like a blast so far. Can't wait to get it upstate in a couple weeks.

Anyone else have one? How do you like it?

·
Registered
21,268 Posts
I don't own one but I know a lot of people who have them and I insure a pile of them.I really haven't heard many complaints and people seem to like them.Be careful though because they will roll.I just had another roll over this week.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I have one 50" model with eps. Depending on the riding you do upgrades maybe coming in waves. Once lesson I learned when replacing upgrade whenever possible it will save you money in the long run. I have gone through a bunch of tie rods/ball joints etc. Most of all have fun with it. Congrats!

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine is 50 inches. Perfect for the logging roads in my hunting area.

We won't be riding hard. Mostly just getting out and having fun on the trails. During the summer, with my wife and kids, we can ride around and just take in the scenery. In hunting season, I hope to tie a deer to the back. For hauling, I would probably just have a couple bags of lime or fertilizer in the back. We won't be using it to till plots or anything.

What kind of upgrades are you talking?

·
Registered
835 Posts
I would suggest the first upgrade would be the skid plate. The oem one isn't thick enough and many of sticks have ended up through the floor and into the cab, sometimes even injuring people. I run mine kinda hard (I ride with quads/bikes) so I hit ruts/roots etc harder than your average trail ride which puts added stress on my ball joints /tie rods/wheel bearings and bushings. In the beginning if I would of bought aftermarket a-arms/tie rods and such I would have done a lot less replacing. I ride my rzr but also maintain it after every ride.

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, I took it to my in-laws' place in the Poconos and got to ride it a little more than around the block. Not too much trail riding. Basically around a field. But I did take it on the highway for a top speed test. 64mph is where the governor kicked in. Got there pretty fast. Spent most of the weekend driving it around the neighborhood at around 20mph. Still, a ton of fun.

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This weekend it is going to its permanent home in Sullivan County where it will spend 99% of its time on logging roads and trails. Quite a few are muddy, rutted and deeply flooded. Should get it pretty dirty.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Make sure you have a winch and some big straps or chokers. A snatch block don't hurt to have either. The 800s don't have a ton of ground clearance so watch getting high centered or framed out. These things are a pain to move if their on the frame or buried up to it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts