The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a jeep RUBICON, which I absolutely love. I just wanted to hear others opinions either for or against them.

·
Registered
9,479 Posts
They are great off roaders and all around puddle jumper.The only negatives I have heard is ride quality and mostly poor milage.If you have a soft top then it is probably noisy and drafty.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
I have 2 wranglers now, looking at another one. I get the value of a rubicon if one wants to play off road. But if one just wants it for on road driving, I am not sure I see the value.
Don't take that wrong, the Rubis' are cool, but if your just looking for one to drive on the road, I would prefer a Sahara package.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Only Real benefit of a rubicon is the D44. The lockers it comes with are off brand (probably chinese) and have had numerous issues if you actually make use of them on the regular. I dont own one, but if i were to purchase one i'd get a sport and throw the extra savings into ARB or other lockers, susp, and tires if i was planning off road use. If you dont plan on wheeling it, there is no need to waste money on a rubicon anyway.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have 2007 2 door Rubicon. Another benefit of the Rubicon is the 4 to 1 gear in the transfer case. I think I will be trading my jeep in for a 2014 Unlimited sport. Jeep is putting an 8 speed auto in the 2014 models. I have racks for my 2 door but not really enough room for all my gear. I don't go off-road enough to justify buying another Rubicon.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
I have a Sahara and love it. I just didn't have the need for what comes with a Rubicon, but an awesome vehicle that will go just about anywhere you want.

·
Registered
669 Posts
just started looking into them. Wife's always wanted one, my oldest daughter will be driving soon and I love toys...so I have plenty of justifications! Anyone have one they lookin to sell?

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Got this 99 for sale......actually still in the garage, but going to put it out for sale one of these days. Not a Rubicon, but a nice wrangler for the year. 1999 ,about 83,000 miles, 6cyl 5 speed........$10,750.00

·
Registered
669 Posts
sharp lookin! My wife doesn't know how to drive stick and it'll be scarey enough trying to teach my daughter how to drive an automatic....

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
RENTED ONE IN HAWAII!

Gave that boy a good old fashion PA offroad trip. Hit up the sand dunes, lava rocks, and rainforest. I turned her in with grass, sand and mud dragging with brakes squealing.

The guy told me if i got insurance, I could drive it into a volcano if I wanted. LOL bad move on his end.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I bought a new 2009 Rubi Unlimited which I kept for 3 years before selling it last summer and buying a new 2012 F150 4x4.

I got a really good price when I bought the Rubi, but I was even more pleased that I was able to sell it for just $3000 less than what I paid for it.

In over 36,000 miles, I never had any problems with it, other than needing new tires, and I regularly got over 20 mpg hwy driving in Montana.

John

·
Registered
829 Posts
I have an 08 Rubi that I bought in Sept 2010, I wanted a wrangler and couldn't decide to buy used or new. After searching and searching I came across this one for sale at a heck of a price with everything I wanted with it. Ended up buying it and just this last fall I refinanced it along with a small loan I had. Long story short when they valued my wrangler last fall it was still more than what I paid for it in 2010. I ended up with a lower finance rate to boot. So if you can find a deal on a rubi I suggest buy it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts