The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,758 Posts
I have a Companion HD carbon steel. A Companion orange in stainless, and a 511 in carbon.

These knifes are a great value. Very easy to keep razor sharp with just a leather strop.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have 1 mora knife, Its a scandi grind orginal with red handle. They are very sharp, For game processing (skinning, gutting, ect) they work well. But for other purposes bushcraft ect i think they feel cheap, again just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Very simple,there are no Bad things to say about Mora Knives,I own 5 of them 4 in Carbon,1 in Stainless,People pay way much higher prices for customs or even some factory made stuff but in the end they all do the same,"Cut" Mora knives may be cheap but they are not junk by no means,just good working dependable knives period...

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have over a dozen.
My opinion is everyone should own:
1) #510
2) #840 Clipper
3) MORA 2000

alternatively, their stainless blades are made with the excellent 12C27 Sandvik steel, so adding the stainless versions as well is a no-brainer.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have the companion HD in carbon steel, i hate stainless blades, I love my mora, tough as nails, hair poppin sharp

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Yes definitely sharp cut my dang finger down to the knuckle not paying attention putting it back in the sheath.

·
Super Moderator
23,758 Posts
Get a leather strop and some compound and your mora will be laser sharp.

·
Registered
24,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I sent my strop to one of the members on here who was looking for one.

I hit on the crock sticks that I've had since the seventies

Came up easy and nice!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts