The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I like O, but I disagree with him about guns. He is misinformed, and the "heavy weapons" comment is just wrong. US citizens can't own heavy weapons. It's called small arms. If a heli is taken down in Afghanistan by "small arms", they call it such. A rocket propelled grenade, shoulder fired missile, or a SAM is "heavy weapons". A shoulder fired rifle is considered "small arms fire" to me, and to the US Army, Weather it's in in Hagi-ville, or in PA.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
burninghxcsoul said:
Technically according to the AR heavy weapons are what a typical infantry platoon utilize besides their small arms (m4) i.e. mortars, howitzers, crew served weapons and recoilless rifles.

Oh and you spelled "Hagi" wrong its Hajji.
I wasn't sure how it was spelled. Thanks for the correction

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
mfuff said:
Bill lost all credibility with me when I watched him say "AK-15" Twice on his show, meanwhile acting like he knew what he was talking about.
I saw that episode. His guest finally corrected him. So many people are misinformed regarding guns. Kinda like talking about "automatic weapons".

Only class 3 NFA guns registered before 1986 are true automatic weapons. All the others you see are semi-auto, at best. One pull of the trigger= one bang = semi auto. One pull of the trigger and the gun goes bang till you let up on the trigger = full auto. 99.9999% of the guns out there are NOT class 3 full auto guns.

Lately, in the news the storyline is "banning high capacity ammunition." I know what they meant, but it's wrong, yet again. They meant high capacity magazines.

I could cite more errors, but we'll keep this thread to O, and his mis-information regarding guns.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.