The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Jim S. I second that. My 1st flinter was a deer hunter stalker and if you tilted the gun in anyway, you would lose all the gun powder in the pan. There was a 1/4 gap between the pan & the touch hole. And this was a brand new gun that I returned for repairs 3 times to no avil.

Do not waste your money.

·
Registered
850 Posts
yes had to fix that problem to.if i would not have won the gun i would have thrown it away.but after i fixed the problems it does shoot good.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
You would be better off to go with the Lyman deerstalker,$329.,or the Lyman trade rifle $315. at DNR Sports
You get so much more rifle for your money.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I'm making myself a new hunting rifle. It will incorporate some "non-traditional" features to make it better for hunting, like Williams fiber optic ghost ring peep sights. It will have a L&R lock, and a Green Mountain barrel that I've had laying around for a while. It's be .50 cal, 1" across the flats, cut to 27" long. Lock is L&R Durrs Egg, and a L&R colonial single trigger. It'll be a pretty plain, with steel furniture. Probably only one thimble, no nose cap or toe plate.
If I keep it simple, maybe it'll be ready for next year.

·
Registered
9,726 Posts
Thanks.I,m gonna call em.It says no reserve.They probably won,t let it go for less than their buy it now price.I might just have to sign up on g/broker.

·
Registered
9,726 Posts
When I called em.They didn,t know anything about it and was tryin to tell me it was a caplock not a flinty.They told me to give them the ID# and call em back and I haven,t yet.I think I will put on a bid.

·
Registered
9,726 Posts
I just noticed that it has a opening bid of $295 even though it is a no reserve auction.They are sayin they only ship to a FFL.By goin by their web site,it probably be cheaper goin direct.FFL fees are usually about $50.

·
Registered
9,726 Posts
What gives?Now they have it startin at $339.They raised the startin bid price.Still no bids.I called them today again with the # and they still can,t find it in their system.If it don,t sell,and if I would buy it,they would have to honor that initial price.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts