The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Any one have a Mahindra tractor?

1K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  dce 
#1 ·
Looking at buying a Max series Mahindra 26hp tractor with bucket,backhoe,belly mower,tiller and snow blower. How do you like yours?

#5 ·
I found out that they are the number 1 selling tractor in the world. They sold more tractors in India last year then all tractor makers combined sold in the usa. Made by Mitsubishi.

#7 ·
caxtell said:
I found out that they are the number 1 selling tractor in the world. They sold more tractors in India last year then all tractor makers combined sold in the usa. Made by Mitsubishi.
Well, I don't know much about tractors, but if they are built by the same company that brought you the "Outlander" SUV and the "Zero" prop driven fighter plane, they should be pretty good.

#10 ·
my inlaws bought one two years ago and it was a constant problem machine. Poor design and junk materials used. Major hydrolic issues and cracking metals And made the dealer repair it even though the dealer said it cant be fixed with the parts given to it by the company. They wanted to use after market parts that were made better.

I bought a kioti "bobcat" 45 hp and cant get over how great it is. So glad I bought a tractor and not a fancy lawnmower with hydrolics. The xtra few thousand over a kubota 23 hp was well worth it.

deere kubota kioti all are much better machines than mahindra

#11 ·
I looked at the Mahindra at the farm show, but I am looking at a 50-60 hp size for farm work, not home owner landscape work. I already have a John Deere 4wd 210C backhoe/loader. Don't need some of those attachments. Heaviest work I will be doing is cutting and baling hay. 23 hp is just too light. I have a 50 hp gas farm tractor, but the carb and ignition problems are tiresome.

#12 ·
I loved workin on the carbs,mags,etc.I wish you could still buy gas farm tractors.I rebuilt more carbs than I could count.The Mahindra,s are made in India like previously posted.I don,t know about this one but a lot of these off brands like Kubota,etc have shoddy casting and you got to really check em out.I checked out Kubotas when I was shoppin for a midsize tractor and they were significantly lighter than the well known farm tractor Companies.Were talkin 1000,s of pounds not 100,s in some cases.

#13 ·
Mahindra is a Indian company (they made jeeps for us in ww2)that farms out its small tractors like every other tractor co. My fathers Deere is a rebadged greene Yanmar and is wholely made in Osaka Japan (950 bought in 1980). The differances between it and the Yanmar are the fenders, hood, paint, and price. The Deeres I looked at last were made all over with a bigger 45hp cab job that had a big MADE IN INDIA tag on the frame. It hasnt changed in 35 years. Tractors are the test case for a world wide economy so getting excited about MADE IN USA is a waste of time until you get over 90HP.

Mine is a 3510 and I have 2200+ hrs on it with no problems that I didnt cause myself. The 3510 is built in S Korea by the people who make Deere transmissions (KTM?) I can vouch for that model and would buy another in a heartbeat.

You are looking in a different class than most of us, and they are different tractors. My fathers former neighbor got a larger one (50 ish HP) and isnt happy. I am not sure if he isnt happy because the tractor is that bad, or that it isnt the one he had for 50 years.

#15 ·
good ole boy said:
I loved workin on the carbs,mags,etc.I wish you could still buy gas farm tractors.I rebuilt more carbs than I could count.The Mahindra,s are made in India like previously posted.I don,t know about this one but a lot of these off brands like Kubota,etc have shoddy casting and you got to really check em out.I checked out Kubotas when I was shoppin for a midsize tractor and they were significantly lighter than the well known farm tractor Companies.Were talkin 1000,s of pounds not 100,s in some cases.
I bought a 26hp Kabota bx about 4 years ago.I don't need anything real heavy duty but bigger is better and I wish I would have went with the next size bigger frame.I use mine every day for something and have bought several implements.I honestly couldn't live without it.My property is hilly and it gets used daily during the winter moving piles of snow.I have chains for the back but it still stuggled on ice if you were on a hill that was canted.I had the front tires drilled out and had studs put in.It was like a night and day difference on ice.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.