The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says......

I'm picking my new Elite Energy 32 up today. I went before Christmas and shot numerous bows from a variety of companies. The 32 felt better to me than any other bow I shot. Can't wait to put it through it's paces.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Bassnleo, did you shoot the Synergy also? How do they compare? I really am thinking about buying a Elite bow. I shot the 32 and really liked it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I picked up on 12/31 a Bear Agenda 7! Big improvement from my Strike. I have the trophy ridge react sight and static stabilizer. I wish it was October! I do need a bow case now. The old one fit the smaller bow.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I will be picking up a Synergy tomorrow. I shot the shop owners for about an hour and ordered one that day. I cant wait to get it home and put some arrows through it. I had an Answer and I regret selling that bow...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Brother just bought a PSE Decree. Very sweet bow, insanely
quite , and fast . Totally adjustable draw length. Easy to draw.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HNTRDAVE said:
Bassnleo, did you shoot the Synergy also? How do they compare? I really am thinking about buying a Elite bow. I shot the 32 and really liked it.
I did, along with the 35. I'm not the largest guy in the world and the shorter A to A length of the 32 suited me better. I don't competition shoot or anything, only hunt with it, so I went with the 32. They all shot really nice I will say.

I was shooting quarter sized groups at 20 yards today with the new 32. The bow barely moves in your hand when it goes off. As an example, I have a Trophy Ridge Hitman 3 pin sight with a light which screws into the sight housing. Had same sight on my Parker Kodiac. When shooting the Kodiac, the light would come loose from vibration after 2-3 shots. In shooting the 32 today, I didn't even realize I still had the light attached. It never budge a smidge and stayed tight. The vibration on this bow is virtually non-existant.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My DL is 27.5", new bow has 60 lb limbs and that's where it's set. Although we didn't shoot it through a crono, Elite's website indicates that for my set-up it should be shooting about 300 fps. I have no idea exactly what it's at but I can certainly say it's faster than the Kodiac which was shooting 283 with same DL, poundage, and arrows.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I bought a new bow last October due to a recurring bicep injury I needed a lighter draw weight. I am looking heavily at target bows though. I'd like to pick up a 40-50lb bow for slinging carbon in the yard. I have some 40-45lb recurves but between my back and bicep I can only shoot consistently with a bow with let-off these days.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Haven't bought one yet but am saving money to do it soon. Right now I've got it narrowed down to the Elite Energy 32 and the Bowtech Prodigy.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
bassnleo said:
Although we didn't shoot it through a crono, Elite's website indicates that for my set-up it should be shooting about 300 fps.
That would only be if your bow has nothing on the string and shooting an arrow that weighed the minimum of 5 grains per pound (IBO tests are done at the bare minimums for max speed). I am not bashing, I really like these bows and may try to pick up a 35 for back yard targets.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes I understand that, which is why I said "about". As I also indicated, my Parker was shooting 283 with the exact same arrows. Elite's website specifies that this bow should be shooting 304-307 with 60 lb limbs and a 350 grain arrow. My arrows are roughly 335 grains +- 5 grains so they are a touch lighter than the 350 used for testing.
From the specs and figures, plus personal observation, I'm relatively comfortable saying this bow is shooting "about" 300 fps.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Bought a BowTech Carbon Rose 40-50lb limbs. Ive got it set at 42lbs. 26"DL. WB. Black Gold Widow Maker site. Stokerized Stabilizer. Removable Tropy Ridge Quiver. Super quiet, light, n fast!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts