The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been considering replacing my vertical bow with a crossbow, and have been trying to gather as much info as I can. I'm narrowing down my choices. I've been looking at:

Horton Storm RDX (I've been waiting for weeks for them to hit the shops. Surprisingly, I didn't like it that much. IMO, Heavy, very noisy, not as compact as I'd like with the over-sized cams, not impressed with the optics that cane with the package.) I think I'm ruling it out.

Ten Point Stealth FX4 (Liked it. Still need to try and cock it with the AccuDraw 50 cocking aid. Seemed a bit heavy.)

Mission MXB-360 (Liked it. Very light, quiet, easy to cock, but I don't know much about Mission crossbows.) Seemed reasonably priced.

Any Mission crossbow shooters out there who can share some thoughts with me?

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
I will make you a good deal on a missions mxb 360

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Mission is the best hunting crossbow out there in my opinion. I have a 320. It is very compact, you can change the strings and cables without a press and it is very easy to cock. But If you need a cocking aid they have the best one on the market. If I was to buy another mission it would be the dagger or sniper. I like compact and lite But you cant beat the price of a 320.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I love my Dagger. Very accurate, compact and lite. The AR style carries very well while still hunting(an important factor for me). The removable cocking aid is great. Killed a 140" 8 point with it last season and I just missed a gobbler with it last Monday. Going out tomorrow for redemption. You would be very satisfied with this choice.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well... I finally made a decision. I bought a Mission MXB-360 with the XB-Pro scope upgrade. I shot the 360 and based on the recommendations of you guys, I shot the Dagger as well. WOW. I liked both nearly equally as well. The draw weight on the Dagger is much higher (220 pounds vs. 160 pounds for the 360) but the power stroke is much shorter (10 inches vs. 14 inches for the 360.) I was able to cock both easily with the rope cocking aid. I kept alternating between shooting each, and at the end of the day, it came down to the 360 shooting better for me. It just seemed to balance just that little bit better for me. Either would be a great choice. Thanks to all for all of your input. The scope package will need to be ordered, so I'll not get it for a couple of weeks. I can hardly wait!!!!!

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dpms said:
good choice and good luck this fall.
Thanks DPMS. I especially appreciated and valued your input!!!! I'll be inquiring about some logistical type questions on the nuances of hunting with a crossbow vs. a vertical bow.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I was out at my local pro shop...getting the cables&string replaced on my TenPoint and they had the whole line of missions and we started shooting them...I was impressed...great shooters accurate and very light...so if I was in the market for a spare,I'd go mission for sure Great xbows...I do expect nothing less from Matthews...Rusty

·
Registered
658 Posts
Any dealers of Missions in Northeast Pa. I live in Southern Luzerne Cnty near Hazleton. Would be able to drive reasonable distance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts