The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
14,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lent my Grandma 1200 dollars for an operation with the agreement she would have paid me back in full by April 8th. Well she still owes me 200 dollars and is asking me can she pay 10 dollars a week. I said HEY GRANDA if you can buy those grandkids birthday presents you can pay me my 200. she turns 96 next week I don't wanna wait too long.
So lawyer guys do I have a case? Would I win a lawsuit?
Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
28,990 Posts
Do you drink alone.........

......or with mus42tang?

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
What kind of operation cost only $1200? Grandma scammin ya. Best send your strongarm man to persuade her to pony up asap cause she's not buying green bannanas these days.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Maybe get her to hit her mom up for it . Moms are softies you know....

·
Registered
8,133 Posts
Could you maybe work it out of her? Does your house need painted, driveway sealed, some weed whacking this summer, trees trimmed................

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Wald Jager said:
What kind of operation cost only $1200? Grandma scammin ya. Best send your strongarm man to persuade her to pony up asap cause she's not buying green bannanas these days.
I would guess that's the copay, with Medicare covering the rest. You likely have a case if you can prove you LOANED her the money. It would go before the local magistrate. He would find her liable, and she then would pay it "as she could". He also will remember you very well, as the guy who sued his own 96 year old grandmother, next time you try to fight a traffic ticket.

·
Registered
8,133 Posts
Several good ideas on here.........but are we overlooking the obvious problem?

Does Grandma have a bingo problem.......maybe a drinking problem ??????

This operation she "claims" to have needed........did she ever tell you what it was for? Face lift, lipo suction, butt lift or boob job................if so, have you noticed anything different.........or did she squander the cash on her bad habits ??????????????

·
Registered
15,046 Posts
it's not uncommon for family members to take advantage of other family members. next time don't be so anxious to help out, it'll build her character if she has to do without.

·
Registered
52,306 Posts
I think it is a low-down trick and money issues like this often seperate families, I don't know what to tell you on how to handle this, but in the future I would not loan her any more money without some kind of collateral, jewelry, real estate,maybe hold some of her favorite cookware, but don't get victimized again by this old biddy..

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
Be mighty careful ATR, She might up the basement rent so she can just hand the money back to You.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts