The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone would be interested in a late season 2B doe drive. I was thinking we could push the gamelands in wexford or do some pushes in Northmoreland Park. Any input (and all hunters) welcome! No date or time in mind yet, we can figure that out later.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Im in lol we have been talking about this today deuce is new but I have know him for a few years. Anyone who want to hunt be ready to work we will be hitting it hard.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jstahl... A Westmoreland guy too? You have any experience hunting Northmoreland Park? I've tinkered around out there twice, but don't know it real well. Parts of it look super thick, could be great for a drive!

·
Registered
21,546 Posts
Same here. It would depend on what day and I dont really know how to get there, so I'd need directions or something I could put into the wifes GPS.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
I hope you score on your drive, but 2b is a piece of cake. No need to drive. Can't wait to fill my doe tags, should take about 20 minutes.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
We will get a date figured out and see what we come up with. Should be fun and hopefully we can put a few on the ground. Looking forward to meet you guys. Greg text me tomorrow and we will try to pin down a date.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Deuce280 said:
Jstahl... A Westmoreland guy too? You have any experience hunting Northmoreland Park? I've tinkered around out there twice, but don't know it real well. Parts of it look super thick, could be great for a drive!
I have never hunted it im down towards Murrysville but if its anything like the rest of 2B it should turn out well

·
Registered
984 Posts
I might be interested as well. Probably wouldnt be hard for me to get another guy or two. Definitely let me know date and time as well. Wexford wouldnt be bad at all. No idea of the park you talk about though

·
Registered
28 Posts
Remember, the Allegheny County area of 2B is a shotgun only area. The State Gamelands in Wexford is in the shotgun only area ,I believe.
I know in Westmoreland County,in the Northmoreland park area, rifles are allowed. Not sure of the reglations in the other counties that are encompassed in 2B.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
bushmaster said:
I hope you score on your drive, but 2b is a piece of cake. No need to drive. Can't wait to fill my doe tags, should take about 20 minutes.
Not at the gamelands... they will have to work at it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Just so you guys know Northmoreland is a tough place to hunt you have to know which areas are open to hunting and remember the park is only slug guns, muzzleloaders, and bows. It is also hunted very hard by so don't think its gonna be a piece of cake.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts