The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of the Leashed Tracking Dogs getting passed anytime soon? I've been holding off on getting a pup until things get close to getting passed. Buddy just lost a decent buck in Md on our property (I know, it's legal in MD but iv'e been waiting til PA legalizes it). Woulda loved to have had a dog to take up the trail on buddies buck he lost.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I believe it will pass, they did a rewrite.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any time frame that you've heard John? And what was the rewrite up about?

·
Registered
469 Posts
I didn't know this was a possibility. I have friends that lost deer that I know my shorthair could have found for them but I didn't want to get in trouble. This dog will track anything I ask him too.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
just go for it..i did..my pup is a german shepard 16weeks old..been working him a couple times a week for several weeks..gona work him till fall in hope that it passes and he will be ready

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
As ethical hunters I firmly believe we have an obligation to the game we pursue to use all means at our disposal to find and recover wounded/killed game, regardless of whether the government shares those same ethical standards we do. If need be I will use my Drahthaar pup to find any deer I've shot this season.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts