The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WE ARE LOOKING FOR ANY CAMPS WITH LAND. I AM OPEN TO AMLOST ANYTHING ANYWHERE PLEASE LET ME KNOW, I CANT FIND ANY. THANKS

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
If you are really serious about buying a camp all you have to do is contact any of the realators in the area you are interested in , there are lots of them for sale. it seems the problem is the buyer expects to pay 1950s prices.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
With the coming of the gas industry to Northern Pa, the cheap camp is gonzo! Three thousand an acre is the new norm, with 5 to 7 thousand out there. There are loads of them for sale. The Southern tier of NY is where the deals are right now.

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
Four threads down from the top, in this forum, is a thread titled " Help fellow HPAers find a camp". On page two of that thread you'll find links to real estate sites, mainly in NC Pa. They'll have camps for sale listed.

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Joe the Logger said:
With the coming of the gas industry to Northern Pa, the cheap camp is gonzo! Three thousand an acre is the new norm, with 5 to 7 thousand out there. There are loads of them for sale. The Southern tier of NY is where the deals are right now.
Your right on the money Joe. Small building lots 1.0-1.5 acres were going for $8-9,000.00 a few years ago. Now they are getting $20,000 plus for the same lots. $6-7,000 /acre for larger tracts.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
I play the real estate game a little. Lots of speculators are gobbling up southern New York, waiting for the fracking and Gas exploration green light. I am not so sure, but I do wish I would have kept some of the Pa properties I sold over the years. I could be Joe the Beach Bum , LOL!

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
Bigm0ck, I am from Montgomery cty, and have a camp on the Sullivan/Bradford line. Great area Good hunting, but as others have said if I had to buy now, I would not be able to touch anything! feel free to Pm me and I'll give you some names that have helped me up there, but it ain't going to be cheap!

·
Registered
20,595 Posts
As others have said, not cheap. This is right next to my place in Forest county.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
pigstyconrad said:
A very odd and suspect post by a first time poster...don't ya think???
Not necessarily. Imagine yourself looking for a place and while looking on the net you come across this forum..... everyone made a first post sometime.

·
Registered
12,734 Posts
My experience has been in the last 10-20 years abouts is that it isn`t the lack of camps for sale, it`s the inflated prices people want for them. Except for a few locations(in which I understand the higher prices), I find this too be the case all over the state.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
some are worth the extra though. the property at my families camps is worth more than the houses here in town. i'd like to find waterfront property in town that isn't a sewage flow

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
It's simply the good old supply and demand thing. A couple of us in the famly have been dabbling for a few years now in finding forgotten or neglected camps around Forest County, cleaning em up a bit and selling em. We watch when places around ours come up for sale and the ones priced fairly vanish quicker than than a big old buck that just got a snootful of you and the bacon you had for breakfast!

·
Registered
399 Posts
"WE ARE LOOKING FOR ANY CAMPS WITH LAND. I AM OPEN TO AMLOST ANYTHING ANYWHERE PLEASE LET ME KNOW, I CANT FIND ANY. THANKS"

The "anything, anywhere" and "I can't find any" is what I'm talking about. I can google search "pennsylvania camps" and come up with hundreds in a minute that are anywhere and everywhere across the state. And when was the last time someone wanted to just throw money at real estate that is "anything" or "anywhere". If that's the case, I'll be glad to find him 50 acres at the top of an inaccessible mountain in the middle of northern Pennsylvania for a finders fee.

·
Super Moderator
23,759 Posts
I don't see any need to question original posters question.

Tater
HPA. Moderator

·
Super Moderator
23,759 Posts
We have that covered. If you have concerns you can hit notify or pm a mod as the rules state.

This is a new member. Lets try to help him out and make him feel welcome to post. That's the HPA we all love.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts