The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not much posting lately, anyone having any luck? I’m in the AP/South Zones and trying to decide to If I should go for goose or duck Wednesday morning. Haven’t seen much duck around, the woodies seem to be gone. There’s some geese around but they seem to be bunched up in cut fields and not moving much. Still a lot of grain in those fields so they seem to be content to just sit there and pig out for now.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Been seeing a good number of geese. They have mostly been coming off a roost in a big group and heading to the neighboring properties that we can't hunt. This morning was good. Set up close to the property line in lay outs. Had a group of 3 come in and got them. A few minutes later had a flock of 9 or 10 decoy perfect and bagged 1 more for our limit at 7:30. We packed up and got out of there before the main flocks left the roost. Hopefully it works as well tomorrow morning. Haven't been seeing many ducks.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Dont hunt geese much anymore but I will take them if they decide to come in to the spread. But been out a couple times for ducks and not much been going on. Just alot of mergansers and a few mallards right now. Hoping they start to move in bc I have alot of time off this time of the yr.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Not much activity around here either.
Pretty quiet. Maybe we need a good northern weather blast.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went out yesterday for a quick goose hunt. Early there were a few large flocks pretty far off in the distance. Later around 8:15 a couple flocks flew low over the field I was set up in. The first stalled for a moment like they thought about dropping in, then took off in the direction all the earlier geese were heading. The second group of about 20 circled twice then headed out as well in the same direction. After I picked up, I drove in the direction they were heading and about a mile away there were about 300 geese piled into and around a little farm pond. Kind of strange they got up and went directly to a pond.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Lower end of the Delaware river has a higher then normal amount of ducks on it. A little weather on it and could be a banner day

1 - 6 of 6 Posts