The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Antlerless Tags

10K views 118 replies 47 participants last post by  OAWC 
#1 ·
Anyone receive theirs yet? I just checked with the bank, and my check hasn't even been cashed yet!! Hope it gets here before archery season!!!

#45 ·
I would never mail an application to any of the special regulation counties if I was trying to get a licenses for any unit that wasn't a special regulations unit and prone to selling out early.

First of all the County Treasurers are all elected officials and the only people who get to vote for them are people from that county. I suspect most of them aren't hunters and don't understand that their voters might well be trying to get a license for a unit that is somewhere other than their unit of residence. Since they know they will have licenses for their unit well into the future they don't see any advantage to processing in a timely manner.

I would simply send to one of the County Treasurers from a unit that sells out early. Those are the places the County Treasurers take it seriously because they are trying to keep their voters happy by getting their doe license processed quickly.

Dick Bodenhorn

#48 ·
Appreciate the tip! I've actually never had issues with this happening with Allegheny County in the past. In the past I mail it in so it gets to the treasurers office the first day they accept applications and I'm generally awarded the license that day or the following day at the latest. I'm worried mine was flat out lost in the mail somewhere at this point.

#50 ·
I saw my first was awarded several days ago, but I think they must send out the mail in bulk from Westmoreland, it always seems to take a little while after the online system says "awarded" until it arrives.

I always figure that if the tag gets lost, I will print a screenshot of the page that shows the tag awarded, and the tag number. Pin that in the ear, lol!

I once lost a tag out of the ear, and it was they only time I ever got checked. How lucky is that? The deputy saw the ear slit, and just took my info and said he'd check the system. Told him if he waited until the morning, he'd see my harvest report as I do them right away so I don't forget. Never heard another word about it, so common sense and being courteous prevailed.

Reactions: OAWC
#54 ·
I saw my first was awarded several days ago, but I think they must send out the mail in bulk from Westmoreland, it always seems to take a little while after the online system says "awarded" until it arrives.

I always figure that if the tag gets lost, I will print a screenshot of the page that shows the tag awarded, and the tag number. Pin that in the ear, lol!

I
The Game Warden should not accept that and might even charge you with an untagged or even an illegal deer. There would be nothing to establish how many times any unscrupulous person had printed that page and used it on Lord only knows how many deer before the Game Warden checked him.

The correct process would be make a few calls trying to determine why you hadn't received the license. Then if you can't locate the original you need to purchase a replacement license. The replacement will have a valid tag with it.

Dick Bodenhorn

#65 ·
i sent my first round tag to erie county,for 1B mailed it in Friday, got awarded on Wednesday. i sent my second round tag to a different county treasurer for 1B this past Friday and was awarded this morning. some treasurers are just doing their job and others are not.

#70 ·
Not yet showing any award for this round.
My first round tag wasn't awarded until Wednesday. One would think I'd have been smarter and sent this round elsewhere, but I'm not and I didn't.

Reactions: bohunr
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.