The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

41 - 60 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
I only sent in 1 application. I'm just wondering why in the world it hasn't been processed. I want to send in my 2nd round app but at this point I don't even know what WMU I'm getting awarded in the 1st round since 2F is my first choice and at my last check it was almost sold out already. 2D was my 2nd preference.
I'd mail it tomorrow if you going to send it local ... there's still ~6,800 applications for 2F, but i'd pick a different treasurer instead of allegheny for sure ...

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Just finished filling out my 2nd round application and am ready to mail on Friday morning!

EDIT: Just realized 2nd round starts 8/17 not 8/3. 8/3 is for unsold 1st round. What does that even mean anyway? Send in applications, get tags. Antiquated rounds aren't doing anyone any favors..
By Mail Only (not to be received before dates listed below)
Antlerless License (residents)Monday, July 13
Antlerless License (nonresidents)Monday, July 20
Unsold License, 1st RoundMonday, August 3
Unsold License, 2nd RoundMonday, August 17

Resident 1st round was 7-13-20
Non-resident 1st Round 7-20-20
Resident & Non-Resident 2nd round is 8-3-20 (tags leftover from 1st round)
Resident & Non-Resident 3rd Round is 8-17-20 ( tags leftover from 2nd round)

Reactions: JJ4D

·
Registered
1,642 Posts

Yep, I see. I was reading it completely wrong. Thanks 8P

·
Registered
1,235 Posts

That's where I think I confused some people. By "2nd round" I was referring to July 20th when nonresidents could start applying. I just used the wrong terminology on my end. Anyways, I'm still concerned that I haven't been awarded anything for the 1st round and my check hasn't been cashed yet. I've never had this issue before.

·
Super Moderator
13,736 Posts
I would never mail an application to any of the special regulation counties if I was trying to get a licenses for any unit that wasn't a special regulations unit and prone to selling out early.

First of all the County Treasurers are all elected officials and the only people who get to vote for them are people from that county. I suspect most of them aren't hunters and don't understand that their voters might well be trying to get a license for a unit that is somewhere other than their unit of residence. Since they know they will have licenses for their unit well into the future they don't see any advantage to processing in a timely manner.

I would simply send to one of the County Treasurers from a unit that sells out early. Those are the places the County Treasurers take it seriously because they are trying to keep their voters happy by getting their doe license processed quickly.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
3 envelopes for 5 tags just went in the mail for an AM pickup. Been putting them in the mail on Thursday evening forever and I’ve never been turned down.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I admit that I am not sure what he is saying. He made reference that he send in on July 11th but then said that he didn't send in for the first round so he could send two in the second round. Then goes on about not getting awarded yet. It sounds like he did send in but I can't figure out if he was confused and sent two instead of just one in the first round since the second round hasn't even opened yet.

If he sent two they might have just turned it over to the Game Warden to deal with.

It left me wondering just what he did do.

Dick Bodenhorn

I took that post the same way as you did Dick!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I would never mail an application to any of the special regulation counties if I was trying to get a licenses for any unit that wasn't a special regulations unit and prone to selling out early.

First of all the County Treasurers are all elected officials and the only people who get to vote for them are people from that county. I suspect most of them aren't hunters and don't understand that their voters might well be trying to get a license for a unit that is somewhere other than their unit of residence. Since they know they will have licenses for their unit well into the future they don't see any advantage to processing in a timely manner.

I would simply send to one of the County Treasurers from a unit that sells out early. Those are the places the County Treasurers take it seriously because they are trying to keep their voters happy by getting their doe license processed quickly.

Dick Bodenhorn
Appreciate the tip! I've actually never had issues with this happening with Allegheny County in the past. In the past I mail it in so it gets to the treasurers office the first day they accept applications and I'm generally awarded the license that day or the following day at the latest. I'm worried mine was flat out lost in the mail somewhere at this point.

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Appreciate the tip! I've actually never had issues with this happening with Allegheny County in the past. In the past I mail it in so it gets to the treasurers office the first day they accept applications and I'm generally awarded the license that day or the following day at the latest. I'm worried mine was flat out lost in the mail somewhere at this point.
I have a buddy in the same boat as you. His first application has not been processed yet. He called the CT, and he was not on their “messed up application” list.

His best guess is there was a failure in the USPS. Gotta love the pink envelope game!

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I saw my first was awarded several days ago, but I think they must send out the mail in bulk from Westmoreland, it always seems to take a little while after the online system says "awarded" until it arrives.

I always figure that if the tag gets lost, I will print a screenshot of the page that shows the tag awarded, and the tag number. Pin that in the ear, lol!

I once lost a tag out of the ear, and it was they only time I ever got checked. How lucky is that? The deputy saw the ear slit, and just took my info and said he'd check the system. Told him if he waited until the morning, he'd see my harvest report as I do them right away so I don't forget. Never heard another word about it, so common sense and being courteous prevailed.

·
Registered
12,676 Posts
I`m supprised this happened in Allegheny county. I`ve had fabulous service over the years with my tags from them. I suspect something happened with your pink envelope. Believe me, I worry every time I drop mine in the mail box!!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I`m supprised this happened in Allegheny county. I`ve had fabulous service over the years with my tags from them. I suspect something happened with your pink envelope. Believe me, I worry every time I drop mine in the mail box!!
Same, I've had zero issues in the past. No idea what happened this time but I'm not a fan.

·
Super Moderator
13,736 Posts
I saw my first was awarded several days ago, but I think they must send out the mail in bulk from Westmoreland, it always seems to take a little while after the online system says "awarded" until it arrives.

I always figure that if the tag gets lost, I will print a screenshot of the page that shows the tag awarded, and the tag number. Pin that in the ear, lol!

I
The Game Warden should not accept that and might even charge you with an untagged or even an illegal deer. There would be nothing to establish how many times any unscrupulous person had printed that page and used it on Lord only knows how many deer before the Game Warden checked him.

The correct process would be make a few calls trying to determine why you hadn't received the license. Then if you can't locate the original you need to purchase a replacement license. The replacement will have a valid tag with it.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'd mail it tomorrow if you going to send it local ... there's still ~6,800 applications for 2F, but i'd pick a different treasurer instead of allegheny for sure ...

Not every co treasurer process the applications at the same time. There is a date set by the PGC dictating the latest that the licenses must be sent out. Some treasurers wait until the checks clear before they issue the licenses and some don't. I do not see the problem with the time frame for issuing them so long as we get the licenses prior to archery season.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I definitely would not send to Allegheny county. I'm pretty sure they're going to be under-staffed since the covid is supposedly bad at the courthouse.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
sent in my 1st round unsold tag app today.
Same here.
Have to admit it seems like the first time in years I mailed the 1st unsold round envelope before getting my Resident round tag back...
I know I shouldn't worry, but Mr Murphy has been too friendly an acquaintance this year....

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Hey, if I'm applying for a tag in first round of unsold tags (August 3rd) but I signed the application on July 30th, is that okay?

Reactions: bohunr
41 - 60 of 119 Posts