The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

21 - 40 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Looks like 2H will sell out this week and 2G has about 5000 left. Maybe sell out this week but I doubt it. Pretty normal sales so far though right?

Reactions: bohunr

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Shouldn't be a problem getting a doe license! or 2. I just check many left after the first round in 2F and 1B. To me not normal, Of course allocation did go up this year in many units

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pretty pink forms, stamps, process, writing checks, remembering in the middle of summer to apply. All seems allot of money being spent for. Just apply online with A CID and let the computer manage the tags. ?? Ut oh change! Save money!! Ive learned allot living in PA for the past 20 years. Most dont ever report a deer taken. ???

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Pretty pink forms, stamps, process, writing checks, remembering in the middle of summer to apply. All seems allot of money being spent for. Just apply online with A CID and let the computer manage the tags. ?? Ut oh change! Save money!! Ive learned allot living in PA for the past 20 years. Most dont ever report a deer taken. ???
Well, we remember in the middle of summer to buy our hunting license. And we remember in winter to buy our fishing license. So whats the big deal about remembering to send for your antlerless tags? And you have to take pen in hand to do it, oh the horror!
It's true that some don't report their kills, but I'd say most do.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Looks like 2H will sell out this week and 2G has about 5000 left. Maybe sell out this week but I doubt it. Pretty normal sales so far though right?
Yup, looks like 2H is going to sell out before Noon. 87 tags left.
2G just might make it through the week...
Looks normal, maybe ever so slightly faster than last year, possibly due to a bump in sales from requiring mentored yutes to apply for their own tag.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Shouldn't be a problem getting a doe license! or 2. I just check many left after the first round in 2F and 1B. To me not normal, Of course allocation did go up this year in many units
Wow! 2F and 1B went down fast. I'm happy for them " out of state hunters "

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
4c tags for the family arrived in the mailbox today.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Wow! 2F and 1B went down fast. I'm happy for them " out of state hunters "
Thanks. As an "out of state" hunter if the allocation was less than 31,000 or so you couldn't get a 1B tag. For several years they were out of them before NRs could even apply. That wasn't great for me since I own a camp in Pa. Now with the allocation at 41,000 it's no problem.

·
Super Moderator
13,709 Posts
Thanks. As an "out of state" hunter if the allocation was less than 31,000 or so you couldn't get a 1B tag. For several years they were out of them before NRs could even apply. That wasn't great for me since I own a camp in Pa. Now with the allocation at 41,000 it's no problem.
There are still many non-resident hunters who can't get an antlerless license in 2H before they are sold out.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
All seriousness is anyone having to wait a long time to get an application processed? I mailed my pink envelope in to Allegheny County Treasure (about a 15 minute drive from my house) on July 11th. I didn't send in for the first round at all so it could have technically counted as my 1st round or 2nd round app (so nothing stopping the process there). But so far my check hasn't been cashed, website isn't updated that I've been awarded (all 3 WMU's I choose still have some apps available) and I haven't gotten my pink envelope returned. I was very careful to address, fill out, and stamp everything correctly. Is it strange that in almost 3 weeks they haven't cashed a check or updated the website?

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
All seriousness is anyone having to wait a long time to get an application processed? I mailed my pink envelope in to Allegheny County Treasure (about a 15 minute drive from my house) on July 11th. I didn't send in for the first round at all so it could have technically counted as my 1st round or 2nd round app (so nothing stopping the process there). But so far my check hasn't been cashed, website isn't updated that I've been awarded (all 3 WMU's I choose still have some apps available) and I haven't gotten my pink envelope returned. I was very careful to address, fill out, and stamp everything correctly. Is it strange that in almost 3 weeks they haven't cashed a check or updated the website?
1st round doe permits started 7-13-20.
2nd round starts 8-3-20.

·
Super Moderator
13,709 Posts
I'm not sure just what you did in your application process but from the way it sounds you might be getting a visit from the Game Warden instead of having your applications processed.

So far you could only apply for one antlerless license and it sounds like applied for more than one.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I'm not sure just what you did in your application process but from the way it sounds you might be getting a visit from the Game Warden instead of having your applications processed.

So far you could only apply for one antlerless license and it sounds like applied for more than one.

Dick Bodenhorn
I think you misread 1shot's post....
While his statement of mailing on July 11th, but not applying for the first round at all makes no sense, I'm pretty sure when he said "all 3 WMU's I chose still have some apps available" meant he listed 3 preferences on the same app, not that he sent in 3 apps with different preferences...
I took his question as "Since my first application hasn't been processed, and there's only 2 weekdays left before the unsold opens, am I safe mailing another app now?"
I wouldn't, because with my luck, the CT would find my first app and process it tomorrow morning, then my 2nd app would get there Friday or Saturday and either be rejected or get put on the list for a "visit" as you put it.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Just finished filling out my 2nd round application and am ready to mail on Friday morning!

EDIT: Just realized 2nd round starts 8/17 not 8/3. 8/3 is for unsold 1st round. What does that even mean anyway? Send in applications, get tags. Antiquated rounds aren't doing anyone any favors..

·
Super Moderator
13,709 Posts
I think you misread 1shot's post....
While his statement of mailing on July 11th, but not applying for the first round at all makes no sense, I'm pretty sure when he said "all 3 WMU's I chose still have some apps available" meant he listed 3 preferences on the same app, not that he sent in 3 apps with different preferences...
I took his question as "Since my first application hasn't been processed, and there's only 2 weekdays left before the unsold opens, am I safe mailing another app now?"
I wouldn't, because with my luck, the CT would find my first app and process it tomorrow morning, then my 2nd app would get there Friday or Saturday and either be rejected or get put on the list for a "visit" as you put it.
I admit that I am not sure what he is saying. He made reference that he send in on July 11th but then said that he didn't send in for the first round so he could send two in the second round. Then goes on about not getting awarded yet. It sounds like he did send in but I can't figure out if he was confused and sent two instead of just one in the first round since the second round hasn't even opened yet.

If he sent two they might have just turned it over to the Game Warden to deal with.

It left me wondering just what he did do.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I only sent in 1 application. I'm just wondering why in the world it hasn't been processed. I want to send in my 2nd round app but at this point I don't even know what WMU I'm getting awarded in the 1st round since 2F is my first choice and at my last check it was almost sold out already. 2D was my 2nd preference.

21 - 40 of 90 Posts