The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

antlerless lic holders

8K views 37 replies 24 participants last post by  jun1or 
#1 ·
We just got our 2d doe tags a week or so ago so I wasnt thinking about this. Since the antlerless has no numbering on it that you can read over 7 feet (if you are young) is there any reason that you can't tuck the antlerless into the same holder as the rest of the tags and the lic?
I cant see a yea or nay in the digest

#13 ·
No, but it has to be displayed when you pull the trigger on an antlerless deer and with both antlerless and antlered seasons open at the same time for the general season it wouldn't make much sense not to display it. This would be a non issue if the legislature would have acted in a timely manner and I highly doubt the PGC officers are going to be handing out citations like there is no tomorrow over it, but the question was do the licenses have to still be displayed and the answer is yes.

#14 ·
It is dumb the way it is. I just jambed all mine into one holder. The only way it would be an issue is if an officer checked you while you were dragging a doe. Other wise you could just tell them you aren't hunting doe that day.

How long will it befor they cave, and just let us carrythem where we want? It's a pain really. This time of year it goes from 40 degrees in the morning to 70 during the day. How many times do you change hunting cothes? I just hung mine on my fanny pack this year. It's always displayed then. If someone don't like it they can fine me. It's not like it can be read by anyone more than 6' away anyway. The people who made the decision for these new licenses brought this opon themselves.

#15 ·
It has nothing to do with caving, the law still requires the license to be displayed and until our general assembly changes the law that is how it is. Do you really want the PGC to say, go ahead violate the law we don't care?

#16 ·
What is the big deal about displaying them? Rember if you dont have to display them dont be suprised if you get checked more offen. Since a WCO cant see them then they are going to be checking more to make sure you have a PA hunting Lic. then you will be on here complaining how all you do is get checked all the time.

#20 ·
The ole where to stick the license thread.

I keep mine on my beltloop. Been keeping it there ever since losing one swamp hunting for Duck. Been checked a couple of times, and "The Man" never had a problem with it being on my beltloop. I keep all licenses in one holder.

#22 ·
John S said:
No problem knew that. I also don't understand all the contraversy since we have had to display them forever.
That is true, however since we now have the trespasser friendly version with sub 1/2 inch numbers, and the same number that is in fine print only on the antlerless, what exactly are we displaying?
BTW, you can see both in a full sized lic holder, turn them sideways. So you should be covered if they are both in the same holder.

Its not like any one who isnt standing within 5 feet of you could read either of them anyway.

#23 ·
since when do you have to display your doe tags? ive been checked multipule times with my doe tags in my holder behind my license and ive been checked twice while draggin a doe out her ear tag was in and i had two or three more doe tags in my license holder behind my license never had a word sai to me all diffrent wardens too as a matter of fact

#25 ·
Oh, I don't know, about 60 years or so, the writting on the doe license at the bottom that said display separately on back below hunting license may have been a clue. It doesn't say that on this years because we were not supposed to have had to display them.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.