The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I've been hearing a lot about "Antlered Doe", people have hit them while driving down the road and stuff like that. So here's my question- if I were to shoot one (thinking it's a buck) would I tag it as a doe or a buck. I can't find anything in the digest about them so I was wondering what to do. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Deer,are considered antlered,antlerless,or protected (bucks that are not legal do to antler restrictions.)You would use your antlered deer tag,"buck tag".Because the deer has antlers.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I would put my buck tag on it it is still a antlered deer not a antlerless deer. Still has to fit the antler restrictions for points.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
This is the reason why the tags are called antlered deer tag and antlerless deer tag. Not Buck tag and Doe tag. An antlered doe would be tagged using your antlered deer tag.

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
for one there is no such thing as a buck tag or doe tag. there are only tags that say antlered and antlerless. the reason for this is because there are bucks that dont have horns and there are does that do. It would have to be tagged with the tag that says (antlered or flintlock) because it has antlers, the (antlerless) tag can only be used for deer that dont have antlers.

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
CoyotePup said:
turkey4life said:
for one there is no such thing as a buck tag or doe tag.
Sorry about that, I meant antlered or antlerless.
its all good, I figured thats what you ment
, anway it doesnt matter what sex the deer is its the headgear that determines what tag it goes under.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts