The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw an ad on TV earlier this morning, from a group opposed to the Humane Society of the United States.

For anyone that doesn't already know, HSUS is the largest and "richest" anti-hunting org in the nation. They bring in millions in donations each year, from running TV ads claiming they need money to fund animal shelters - BUT they actually spend next to nothing on funding local animal shelters.

Instead, that money is spent on lobbying state Legislatures and Congress, to end/further restrict hunting and trapping; Attacking the animal agriculture industry; And on lavish salaries for their officers and lobbyists.

HSUS had been hammered by various charity watch orgs for years, over their phony ads - about time something was done about spreading the word to a wider audience.

Here's the group running the anti-HSUS ads, good info on there for the truth about HSUS.

https://www.helppetshelters.com/

·
Registered
18,921 Posts
There are anti HSUS ads running on the radio now as well.

·
Registered
906 Posts
When Senator Pat Toomey sent out A picture of him receiving an award from HSUS I promptly sent him a letter telling him he lost my vote

·
Registered
25,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you sure Toomey got an award from HSUS, or was it from a local Humane Society that has nothing to do with the national HSUS?

He has been a major disappointment to me on numerous issues as a Senator. But I don't think he's sunk that low, yet? I hope I am not wrong.

·
Registered
818 Posts
That "Lawyers in Cages" ad has to be one of the best ever! I especially like the line "we're like PETA only with suits and deodorant."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts