The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for an Antelope guide/outfitter leaning more towards Wyoming. Interested for this year 2018. It would be myself and another buddy, also a possible 3rd person. Another question i have for anyone who has gone through the drawing system, how many years has it taken for you get drawn? Really want to go this year or next. Really leaning towards waiting for next year and seeing if we get drawn and going the DIY route. This would be my first western hunt, also planning on putting in for some other states, including Wyoming for different tag. Thanks

·
Registered
575 Posts
Have done a public land DIY Wyoming antelope hunt the past three years....had a group of 6 to 8 hunters and each year everyone tagged out on first day on buck....Bought a preference point when purchasing the license....draw results will vary by unit....pick a unit with a good amount of public land, decent draw odds and go....plan to get there a day early to scout....Onxmaps is a must to know property lines....trespassing is a big deal out there and there aren't posted signs or property border markings...good luck!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Have done a public land DIY Wyoming antelope hunt the past three years....had a group of 6 to 8 hunters and each year everyone tagged out on first day on buck....Bought a preference point when purchasing the license....draw results will vary by unit....pick a unit with a good amount of public land, decent draw odds and go....plan to get there a day early to scout....Onxmaps is a must to know property lines....trespassing is a big deal out there and there aren't posted signs or property border markings...good luck!
To back that up, I know people who do that every year in northern Wyoming. They always get something. Except one year, the place they go was getting logged and Dave told me that the sound of Mexicans with aluminum baseball bats knocking the limbs off logs scared away all the game. I don't know how he knew the workers were Mexicans, but that's what he said. Other than that, they've always done well. I can't go because I teach. Lots of time off June-Aug, but none in October.

Syl

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
My Brother-in law and I Hunted a few years ago with 7-J Outfitter out of Sundance WY. Its a 3 day hunt,we were both tagged out by noon on the first day. Both had trophy Buck. Mine made it in B & C.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
If your going to Wyoming you do not need a guide for antelope.You need a good 4 wheel drive and tire chains in case it rains.When I was out their trapping for coyotes they where everywhere.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
a few years ago, I drove out to New Castle Wyoming with two other buddies and we hunted on BLM land and knocked on doors when we saw lopes on private land. we all tagged out in 2 days. we stayed in town in a motel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts