The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
14,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why come when ever I go on a road trip and stop for gas and reach for there squeegee to clean my windshield the liquid in the squeegee container always smells like there are 300 dead Japanese beetles and 4 dead rats in there??

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
Cause the gas stations always fill the bucket but NEVER empty it. At least they did 45 years ago when I pumped gas in school.

·
Registered
19,941 Posts
When animal matter decomposes, one of the by products is ammonia gas. Ammonia is a well known and very efficient glass cleaner.

·
Banned
40,543 Posts
atr said:
Why come when ever I go on a road trip and stop for gas and reach for there squeegee to clean my windshield the liquid in the squeegee container always smells like there are 300 dead Japanese beetles and 4 dead rats in there??
Is the phrase " Why come" some new jive talking?

·
Banned
40,543 Posts
I never smelled 300 Japanese beetles, dead or otherwise. Nor have I ever smelled 4 dead rats. How does one gain experience like that?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I smelled both but to tell you the truth I never really counted the Japanese beetles, not sure how many were there and when I had my face in there smelling them, I think I saw a few still moving

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
Hey, about 3 years ago my son and I went on a road trip of 25 days out to the PRC (Peoples Republic of Calif) and all points in between. On the way back we swung through Texas and they had some sort of cricket infestation. The windshield water buckets at the gas stations were overflowing with cricket carcasses and the smell was enough to make a maggot chum on its shoes.

·
Banned
40,543 Posts
Was the cricket infestation in Lubbock, TX by any chance?

·
Banned
14,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dc 21 said:
atr said:
Is the phrase " Why come" some new jive talking?

Yes ive been taking a course on Jive talking

1 - 16 of 16 Posts