The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son and I woke up early on Sunday morning for another day of fishing. After making sure it wasn't raining too hard, we packed the car and headed out. We arrived at the stream around 6:45 and got to our spot around 7. First cast out and bam! First cast, first trout. I instantly thought he was going to run up the numbers today... not quite how it worked out.

After that we fished and fished without much interest from the fish.

We moved to a couple different spots until we found an area that my son could at least run around and dig in the dirt more. He then decided that we might catch more if we "walk on the water."

He then said, "Maybe we should try netting them instead of using the rod"... (I was surprised again how resilient he is to the cold. He played in the water for over 2 hours and never complained once about being cold and he was soaked from his chest to his toes.)

Finally, we moved to our final spot and started having some luck. He caught 2 decent trout in about 15 minutes before calling it a day.

Reeling them in and netting them himself. Why does he take me again?

Last trout of the day.

It's hard to tell what he is doing here, but he is reviving the trout before releasing him (teaching him C&R early).

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Wow, looks like a great time with your son. Cant wait till my little guy gets bigger and is into fishing/hunting/outdoors

1 - 15 of 15 Posts