The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, Gov. Jack Markell, signed into law the legalisation (read return of FREEDOM) of Sunday hunting to the State of Delaware!! This leaves only Maine and Connecticut with an outright ban and PA with a ban on everything but crow, fox and coyote and the dispatching of any furbearers during trapping season. Time for PA to come out of the stone age and adopt Sunday hunting. No reason we can't legally shoot chucks on a Sunday!! Let the anti-Sunday hunting urination contest begin.

·
Registered
25,981 Posts
Been waiting patiently for over forty years, for two things to finally happen: Some additional SH in PA and the completion of the Selinsgrove Bypass.

At least there's slim hope the bypass might be completed while I'm still alive - since they're actually moving dirt now?

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
One can only hope. But the PFB and the entire backward thinking on this is getting old. I wonder if the PFB that needs hunters to control numbers of deer on farm properties would see it the same way if hunters would stop hunting them? Hmm, it is odd.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
dc 21 said:
Uh-Oh, I hear the Delaware farmers are putting up the "NO HUNTING ALLOWED EVER AGAIN" signs at this very minute.

Yeah and every inch of private property has "no doe hunting signs" and every farm is now closed because we all know, no one wants to have hunters on Sundays...

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Nice headline, forgot to add only 5 Sundays...for deer only. Far from a outright Sunday hunting state. Delaware follows Maryland with everything, Md. has had that for a couple years now. I'd be very surprised if you EVER see it outright in De. or Md., you will mess with the way waterfowl seasons are done, basically compress them., the guides and landowners won't have it. Way too much money involved. Both states basically care less about deer, unlike PA, we are the opposite. As it stands now, the Feds won't mess with the waterfowl seasons if Sunday hunting is limited, but if further expansion happens, they probably would, so you never know. Money runs it, so we will see who has more when it comes time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.