The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well for the second year in a row it looks like my fall plot up on the ridgetop (1850 ft in elevation)will not get enough water...

First weekend in August I seeded it with winter wheat and some brassicas, when I dragged then it was a little dusty. I have been away for a few weeks and when i got back this weekend with a report of us having some good rain I was anxious to see the growth....

Only place i was half excited was the area around the ruts in the old skidder road that held water...you can see the green about halfway down on the left.

It is all waiting there for rain...love to get some. Real risk a mile from the road and at the top..

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Yep, it just won't rain and there is none in the forecast here in the SE for the next 10 days. It is dry as a bone. My brassica plot is close enough to my house that I've been able to keep some of it alive with a sprinkler but the rest is just dirt. Ugh...

·
Registered
777 Posts
I am banking on some coming this weekend from the hurican,putting in oats ,clover and chicory Friday.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts