The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Congrats to Neil. That's a great looking bull.....and that's no bull!

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
..and it was a do it yourself BULL, only if you have the time and live close enough to do the scouting...a ton of people showed up to assist him along with the horse and blue 55 gallon guy....truly a world class stud !

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
..and it was a do it yourself BULL, only if you have the time and live close enough to do the scouting...a ton of people showed up to assist him along with the horse and blue 55 gallon guy....truly a world class stud !
I believe there is heavy sarcasm here as far as it being DIY and I just don’t get it…why be a jerk about this???

Neil was 100% hunting DIY.
Neil lives in Tunnkanhock nearly 3 hrs away from his zone yet still managed to do some boots on the ground scouting along with e-scouting.

He practiced his shooting and was confident with his set up and had his buddy Mike along as a caller.
They made a good game plan and executed it perfectly the opening day. He was super excited and called me that morning all worked up and saying BULL DOWN! I was scouting in an area a cpl miles away and asked if there was anything I could do to help. He asked if I could get the horse guy set up and I was more than happy to make the call for him.

Myself, wife and youngest son along with two other ECO buddies who were nearby also went to lend a hand with the extraction any way we could. We love to see DIY success, especially when there are other outfitters out there who unfortunately specifically tell hunters that can’t do DIY. We should all be here to support and encourage each other in our efforts not try to constantly cut each other down.

ECO shared Neil’s pics with his permission…but it’s his story to tell when he’s ready to share.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Congrats to the lucky hunter! WTG...... one fine looking critter. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to hearing details.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I believe there is heavy sarcasm here as far as it being DIY and I just don’t get it…why be a jerk about this???
As someone just reading the post, I didn't take it as sarcasm, or thought the poster was being a jerk.. Actually, it seemed he was being very congratulatory. - He might have been wrong about the hunter living close and having lots of time to scout, but that's the way most public land deer hunters think. Personally, I would also think that doing a DIY hunt would involve a lot of work, scouting, planning,etc .. Congrats to the hunter.

·
Registered
11,323 Posts
Zone 12 is actually one of the better/best DIY units. Lot's of elk there. Irregardless, big time congrats to the hunter. A dandy for sure. If someone really wanted to do it, DIY hunts can be done in any zone. But you always have help...

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
As someone just reading the post, I didn't take it as sarcasm, or thought the poster was being a jerk.. Actually, it seemed he was being very congratulatory. - He might have been wrong about the hunter living close and having lots of time to scout, but that's the way most public land deer hunters think. Personally, I would also think that doing a DIY hunt would involve a lot of work, scouting, planning,etc .. Congrats to the hunter.

What made me think it was sarcasm was that ‘BULL’ was in all caps…kind like he’s was calling BS. Maybe I’m just to jaded and don’t give people enough credit. Lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts