The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was able to get out for the first time in a little while! First set of the evening called this male in! First time out hunting with the accufire TR1 and so far it’s pretty awesome! Wish there was an easy way to post videos here or I would post the full video! Here’s some pictures and a screenshot of the moment of death to coyote!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Okay BUT we need more info, or at least I do. What was the distance, how long on stand before he came in?
Nighttime hunting out here on the border is almost a thing of the past, just too dangerous now with no border. Anyhow congratulations on a nice coyote.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay BUT we need more info, or at least I do. What was the distance, how long on stand before he came in?
Nighttime hunting out here on the border is almost a thing of the past, just too dangerous now with no border. Anyhow congratulations on a nice coyote.
Haha!! The shot was roughly 150ish if I had to guess. About 30 minutes on stand till he came out of the high grass he was in!

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
You should have plenty of coyotes for targets John…. Just don’t hit the kids…..
I don't know if you saw it, but Fox had a clip of a "coyote" dropping two young kids over the high border fence. I told my wife had I been calling down there I would have shot the SOB. She said she would have also. It's a mess down here. But let's discuss four-legged coyotes who are by far a better species than the two-legged ones.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Getting back on topic, you have something attached to the top of your rifle, obviously the scope, and something attached under your rifle barrel, then in the last picture, there is a red 8.6X. Please explain to this naive night hunter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts