The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
His career was headed that way well before this. A)He's a d bag, and B)He's not very good.

Keep in mind, the Cowboys staff nearly tackled Jerry Jones rather than allow him to draft this boob.

·
Registered
19,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He isn't as bad as he plays but I am not sure he was a first rounder either.
If he is given his walking papers I am sure there are a dozen teams that would move to sign him, including the 9ers and the Eagles.
Under the right system he could thrive if he can get his act together as a human.
His play for the Browns is more the result of the team effort, nobody could win in that mess.

·
Registered
39,328 Posts
A leopard never changes its spots.

I doubt if Lurie will take on a project like Johnny Football. Seems to me, he is a spoiled kid who was never told "no" and did and got what ever he wanted all of his life.

I wouldn't want a guy like that if he had the speed of Michael Vick, the arm of John Elway and the smarts of Peyton Manning. He's a cancer.

They put up a chopper to find him? Man, what did that cost? I wonder if they would do that for me? Hey, dc's drunk and missing, send up the choppers!

·
Registered
19,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dc 21 said:
They put up a chopper to find him? Man, what did that cost? I wonder if they would do that for me? Hey, dc's drunk and missing, send up the choppers!
To find you all then need to do is check the PennDOT cameras or follow all the sideswiped cars

·
Registered
19,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, maybe Ben will give him his lawyers number.
Since he is accused of doing this in Texas can't see Bill O'Brian picking him up if the Browns cut JM.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
It's possible, but not when you've lived your entire life as a rich kid who never faced consequences. If this dude grew up poor, he'd likely be facing 20-life by now. At least Charlie Sheen was entertaining about it.

I'm convinced he's actually the poster child for "affluenza".

·
Registered
39,328 Posts
hap said:
dc 21 said:
A leopard never changes its spots.
I can tell you from personnel experience,many of us do.
Maybe this will be the one to turn him around,more at stake than football here.
Okay, I agree that people can change but what NFL team wants to wait around while he does or doesn't?

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
A lot of teams would--if he was a good, NFL type QB. He's not, so very few team will put up with this. Tebow is a great person, but he's not in the league because he's just not a good player. Same deal, except Johnny Bourbon is a toad.

·
Registered
16,450 Posts
I'm convinced he's actually the poster child for "affluenza".
No, that spoiled rich boy and his mommy are the poster folk for "affluenza". He actually killed 4 people, and he and mommy still don't get it. THAT'S a sense of entitlement.

Johnny foozball is quite a distant second in my eyes.

·
Registered
19,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sofar a QB like Sam Bradford has made over 79 Million dollars in his 6 year career, Johnny Manziel signed a 4 year deal just north on 8 Mil, most of it guaranteed.
You would think these boneheads would see the kind of money that is out there for them and save all this [censored] stuff for when their playing days are done.

·
Registered
12,136 Posts
Is there a real difference between his antics and those of Broadway Joe Namath? Or maybe Mickey Mantle? He's no Aaron Hernandez, at least not yet. But he does need to grow up and put a 110% effort into translating his talent and skills into those of an NFL quarterback. Personally I don't like this kid but I didn't care for Namath either. Right now I would put him in the "Punk" category.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Broadway Joe and Mantle were better teammates, and far superior players. They weren't killing their team. Back then, you could do this stuff, without worrying about suspensions. Now, beating up the girlfriend, IF TRUE, is a different ballgame altogether.

·
Registered
19,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Kenny Stabler was another character, but when he had problems with his woman he didn't smack them around, he settled it the old fashioned way by divorcing them.
Manziel is a train wreck and is a good example why NFL teams should stop taking players before graduation. They are not mature enough to accept the fame and money that is thrown on them.
He grew-up in a family having money, had to much fame to soon and at the rate he is going with smacking girlfriends and rehab he will be serving time most likely in the next few years.
Also, the NFL lacks the control over these guys so there is nothing they can hang over his head to keep him in line.

He is signed through the 2017 season with a option for 18, and his contract of less then 2 Mil a season will have teams snatching him up if he parts ways with the Browns. Worst case, he is someone to throw the ball around to receivers at camp and practices, best case he grows up and becomes what the Browns expected. The fact such a hotshot slipped down to 28 when the Browns signed him should tell there were issues even then.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
Looks like he's a goner when economically feasible.

From Yahoo Sports......

<span style="font-style: italic">It seems as though Johnny Manziel's time with the Cleveland Browns is coming to a close.

After police responded to another incident with Manziel and his girlfriend over the weekend, the Browns released a harsh statement condemning Manziel's behavior.

The statement from Sashi Brown, director of football operations, read:

"We've been clear about expectations for our players on and off the field. Johnny's continual involvement in incidents that run counter to those expectations undermines the hard work of his teammates and the reputation of our organization. <span style="font-weight: bold">His status with our team will be addressed when permitted by league rules.</span> We will have no further comment at this time."

Furthermore,<span style="font-weight: bold"> ESPN's Pat McManamon reports that the Browns plan to move on from Manziel on March 9. They could release him on Monday, February 8, but likely won't, as he'd count $4.8 million against the salary cap.

When the cap increases in March, McManamon reports, the Browns will have the cap space to afford the move.</span>

It's hardly shocking news, as the writing has been on the wall for Manziel for some time. He was first demoted after the Browns bye week when video of him partying surfaced from the weekend off. Then, scheduled to finish the season as the starter, another video of him partying surfaced, and the Browns alleged he had a concussion. He never showed up to concussion protocol before the last game of the season, could not be contacted, and reports said he was seen in Las Vegas that very weekend.

Since, as the Browns undergo organizational rebuilding, it has been clear they have little interest in keeping Manziel. New head coach Hue Jackson hasn't exactly heaped praise on Manziel, reiterating that football has to be the primary focus of his players, and it isn't for Manziel.

The Browns' strong statement on Tuesday only seems to confirm that his days in Cleveland are numbered.</span>

1 - 20 of 44 Posts