The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for everyones help.........! Question: I am goinf to have 9 cear arrows made, traditional fletching.....now, do i have them cut for my standard compound bow draw length?? Do I jus glue the field points on? Do I use anything else on the end of the shaft to make it even heavier than the weight of the broadhead? I have been a successful archery hunter for about 20 years now but am giving up my wheel bow for this........THANKS

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Joe....that is a tough question. First off...don't be surprised if you lose an inch or evn two off your compound draw length. It is very typical when changing over to the stick.

When I make cedars for customers, I leave them about an inch longer. And the glue on points(use good hotmelt glue) have a 5 deg. taper. You will have to have the end of the shaft tapered to match the points. They make a hand tool for tapering both ends of the shaft. You won't need to add any extra weight.

If you want to talk, give me a call this week. I'll be in the shop every night from 6-9. 724-446-7132.

By the way...the Mamba is a great bow. Congrats on your choice.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bob...Thank you so much for your advise.i will call you. And if YOU sell cedar arrows, I would rather buy them from YOU then someone else...... Joe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts