The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to see my doctor for a check-up and while there had to fill out new forms. Seems they changed companies running the facility and new one is The Primary Healthcare Network. Some of their questions were: Do you own a gun? Is it locked up seperate from ammo? Is it locked away from children? I fail to see what these have to do with my medical condition. I hope it is not a preview of some new things the Obama Healthcare plan have in store for us.
Mods if this is in wrong forum please move.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
I saw the same thing on a questionnaire i filled out at the Dr. office recently too. I just dind't answer them and when asked why I said they didn't need to know.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
this same subject was posted on here 5 yrs ago ..about filling out something at the doctors office nothing new..

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There were many questions on those forms left blank by me. They have no need to get that personal with me andmy doctor agreed.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I work in a hospital, we don't ask anything like that in our admission assessment and just my personal opinion but there is no way they need to know that or have the right to ask. The Obamacare stuff hasn't hit yet but it will, and it won't be pretty. If I saw that stuff at my doctor's office I would politely complain, enough people complain they might get rid of it, just more stuff they try and subtly work in over time.

·
Registered
813 Posts
That's for Obama's National Health Care gun control loop hole.

On a serious note I would refrain from disclosing that information to them.

·
Registered
25,787 Posts
Next they'll be wanting to know how much bourbon, vodka or scotch you have at home. That'd be none of their bidness, either.

·
Registered
13,869 Posts
DennyF said:
Next they'll be wanting to know how much bourbon, vodka or scotch you have at home. That'd be none of their bidness, either.

Yes, but it varies on any given day....just sayin.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
you guy's tickle the crud out of me. these question's have been around for year's and you want to blame the pres. they ask those types of question for saftey reason's. you do not have to answer them if you chose not to. they are keeping themselves free from liaibility if say you go to dr. and get a script for narcotic's -take to many go off the deep end and start hurting yourself and other people. i take narcotic's for pain i own several weapon's and i just don't answer them, i don't take it as an invasion of privacy.
denny in ther own way they do ask if you use alcohol at home you know ( how many drink's do you have during the day or night.)

·
Registered
25,787 Posts
Glad we provided some entertainment.

No doctor I've been to, has ever asked me if I have firearms or alcohol at home and I'll be 64 this fall. Which means I've seen a few doctors over the years.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Denny have you ever had indigestion? That was another stupid question they asked. I did not answer the gun questions. Sorry if I hit a sore nerve when adding Obama to the question's origin. I would feel bad enough if I had voted for him that I would have sore spots everywhere.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
If you are having a psych evaluation or sometype of mental health issue they may ask your availibilty to firearms or narcotics, or pain meds etc. If your admitting diagnosis is related to a liver disorder (cirrhosis) or varices (bleeding vessels) or some other type of GI bleed they will ask you how much you drink at one time and how frequently. However there is no need for any info of this type to be on a routine Dr.'s form and should be ignored if there is unless Dr. specifically asks you in relation to one of the aforementioned disorders or something along those lines.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
What's this with a loss of privacy. lordy, isn't Pennsylvania a state that got Obama elected.

This gun business is old business. Why I got our house banned for baby and child sitting. And my wife didn't mourn that at all. You see I had a hard time separating the tomahawk up into useful and non useful purposes.

And it's a good thing too. I found out in the past months that my home is eqipped with window blinds, with long ropes that can hang a half dozen munchkins a foot off the ground, at the same time.

Good thing I'm not in the child production business anymore.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
NRA4LIFE said:
That's for Obama's National Health Care gun control loop hole.

On a serious note I would refrain from disclosing that information to them.
BINGO.....there is no BS about it.......here comes the change....the universal health care.....it's all coming to the surface......and IMO, anyone that voted for Obama has no reason to complain about gun control( not directed at poster)...I could go on and on......

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
mus42tang said:
What's this with a loss of privacy. lordy, isn't Pennsylvania a state that got Obama elected.

This gun business is old business. Why I got our house banned for baby and child sitting. And my wife didn't mourn that at all. You see I had a hard time separating the tomahawk up into useful and non useful purposes.

And it's a good thing too. I found out in the past months that my home is eqipped with window blinds, with long ropes that can hang a half dozen munchkins a foot off the ground, at the same time.

Good thing I'm not in the child production business anymore.

I sure hope you don't have spackle buckets with 6 inches of water in them either!! More dangerous than a swimming pool!!

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
when asked if or how many guns you got at home give them a number,,,,,minus the one you got on you right now!!!!!!!
Can we say SECURITY!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts