The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having this buck re-mounted this year on a cape that a buddy gave me from his buck. This is a Pa. bow kill i had mounted a few years back and the taxidermist sent the cape out to be tanned and UPS lost it. Two years later i got the deer back with a cape from a very young buck or a doe with a very skinny neck. Since there is not much going on this time of year i thought i would see how close HPA'ers can score this one. This will be a tough one to score, he was scored as a typical 7x5. I will post the gross and net in a few days. Good Luck

·
Registered
653 Posts
That is a tough one to judge. It is really hard to get grasp on just how big it is. If there was more than the tree to judge it by it would be easier. I am going high and guessing Gross 170" and net 162"

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Ill put that buck at 166 gross..

He's a beauty

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I'm guessing about 172 gross

Nice buck. Interesting antlers for sure and worth mounting if is was a heck of a lot smaller.

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Some of you guys were really close and a few were to kind. He grossed 160 3/8 and went into the books at 148 3/8

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
You probably wont believe this but my origional calculation came out to 160.5. I added an extra couple inches on when i made my guess in case there was something that i didnt see. Nice buck man. Hope to get something like that someday myself.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts