The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am always very diligent about reporting my kills on time, and reporting on my dmap tags too. But, this year, I forgot to report my dmap tags (no kills) until after the deadline passed, and then was unable to do so online. I know that the rules say that you must report, or will not be allowed to purchase a DMAP tag next year. I know two different people who SAY they never report them, and still are able to purchase them the next year. Anybody know exactly how it works? I know it was my fault, so whatever happens, happens.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I am always very diligent about reporting my kills on time, and reporting on my dmap tags too. But, this year, I forgot to report my dmap tags (no kills) until after the deadline passed, and then was unable to do so online. I know that the rules say that you must report, or will not be allowed to purchase a DMAP tag next year. I know two different people who SAY they never report them, and still are able to purchase them the next year. Anybody know exactly how it works? I know it was my fault, so whatever happens, happens.

§ 147.676. Unlawful acts.
It is unlawful to:

(1) Use, possess or attempt to use or possess more than two DMAP harvest permits for a specific DMAP area in any license year.

(2) Use or possess or attempt to use or possess a DMAP harvest permit that was issued to another person.

(3) Lend or transfer in any manner whatsoever a DMAP harvest permit to any other person regardless of the purpose.

(4) Issue more than two coupons to any person for a specific DMAP area in any license year.

(5) Fail to tag any deer taken with a DMAP harvest permit in accordance with provisions of this part and the act relating to tagging big game.

(6) Fail to submit harvest report and survey information in accordance with instructions provided.

(7) Charge or accept any fee or consideration for a DMAP coupon.

(8) Apply for, receive or possess a resident DMAP permit if you are a nonresident.

(9) Fail to comply with any other provisions of § § 147.672—147.675.

You can be prosecuted for failure report and not receive a permit the following year.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
You can be prosecuted for failure report and not receive a permit the following year.

Well, he did try to report. He was just....tardy. :grin2:

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
If you forget to report you can't get DMAPS following year. Happened to family, a member on here on 2 occasions. Same thing. Forgot till past deadline, following year he was denied any DMAP coupons.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
If you forget to report you can't get DMAPS following year. Happened to family, a member on here on 2 occasions. Same thing. Forgot till past deadline, following year he was denied any DMAP coupons.

I believe that was the way it was the first few years, but I think the PGC did away with the part of being "ineligible the next year" if you did not report either a harvest or a no harvest. You are still supposed to report either way.

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So the coupon the landowner issues to the hunter is than wasted I presume?

Not in my case anyway. I get them online when they become available for a local state park. I'm guessing that when I apply this year, it will just come up that I'm ineligible. Time will tell. If I get denied, then I have nobody to blame but myself. Sometimes life just gets in the way.:eek:

·
Registered
9,493 Posts
When does the landowner receive the coupons?Also when will I receive confirmation that I,ve been approved to participate as a landowner in the program?

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
When does the landowner receive the coupons?Also when will I receive confirmation that I,ve been approved to participate as a landowner in the program?
I forget when ours arrived last year....it may have been some time in June time-frame. You do not receive any confirmation on the application until the coupons arrive in the mail.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Not in my case anyway. I get them online when they become available for a local state park. I'm guessing that when I apply this year, it will just come up that I'm ineligible. Time will tell. If I get denied, then I have nobody to blame but myself. Sometimes life just gets in the way.:eek:
I think the next-year denial after a non-report was the original intent of the DMAP reporting....but they softened up on it after they got pressured on it. I think you will be able to buy DMAP tags this year when you attempt to do so.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts