The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again Pheasants Forever Chapter 630 has joined up the Penna. Game Commission to conduct a volunteer habitat workday on SGL # 44 in Elk County.

The date is March 2nd at 8:00 AM.

The workday will provide an opportunity for volunteers with chainsaws and the appropriate safety gear to cut small trees to help create better small game habitat. Volunteers without chainsaws will be used to create brush piles or one of several other habitat projects.

We will meet at the top of the hill on the Meade Run/ Shawmut tract of SGL # 44 located off of the Shawmut Road north of Route 219 and about 7 miles north of Brockport.

Pheasants Forever, Chapter 630, will be providing lunch and soft drinks.

We look foreward to seeing you there!

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Dick,

I plan on being there also, I might be coerced into bringing some smoked elk sausage to supplement the provided lunch.

·
Super Moderator
14,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bigguy54 said:
Dick,

I plan on being there also, I might be coerced into bringing some smoked elk sausage to supplement the provided lunch.
Some elk sausage would certainly be a great addition to our normal menu.

What level of coercion is required?

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I will be up this weekend for the Johnsonburg fire hall fund raiser and am planning on doing another 50 lbs. of smoked elk sausage. Should have plenty for the work day!!

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
comblockshooter said:
myself and christopher will be there if i dont have to work
Are you planning to just eat the food and make Christopher do all the work ? ? ?

(OK, now I understand what you mean.)

·
Registered
10,931 Posts
I can personally vouch for bigguy54's elk sausage being worth the trip. Barring having to work at the last minute, I will be there.

·
Super Moderator
14,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bigguy54 said:
I will be up this weekend for the Johnsonburg fire hall fund raiser and am planning on doing another 50 lbs. of smoked elk sausage. Should have plenty for the work day!!
Pheasants Forever will have one of our fund raisers set up in the Masonic Temple off Court Street during the Chainsaw Carver’s Rendezvous in Ridgway this weekend and all next week. If you get a chance, stop by.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Super Moderator
14,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bigguy54 said:
I'll do my best to get by, are you going to be there?
Probably a good bit of the time on Saturday. Not sure how much on Sunday yet, that probably depends on whether anyone else is able and willing to work it. I will probably be there about every day through the week while the others are earning a living.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
its not me working i have to worry about. he's got female on the brain right now. he might saw someones leg off

1 - 20 of 27 Posts