The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As usual, this is where you can post about rut activity that you are seeing. We all know the rut happens at different times in different places. Just enjoy talking about what you are seeing and leave the arguing about the rut at home. Leave your WMU and county is you feel inclined.

Well I’ll start it off I guess. I found a nice big active scrape yesterday and the rubs are starting to show up in all the usual places. No rubs that really excite me yet, but one was half decent. Have yet to see any active seeking or cruising which I don’t expect for another 10 to 14 days or so. I’m in 4A, Blair county.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I saw a really young fawn with spots this week. It would have been conceived about February. I saw hardcore chasing at the end September once a few years back. Outliers always exist. Median conception date is +/- November 14 by a day or three.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Been hunting all day, figure rut activity going to be pretty slow tonight.

·
Registered
13,684 Posts
Lots of scrapes here, mostly feild edge stuff. I do have a camera on a good scrape in the woods and am getting lots of buck pictures over it. Saw a decent 3 y o eight pestering som does one nite this week, in an open feild.

·
Registered
7,850 Posts
Last night on the way home from getting milk seen several deer. One was I think was a buck. It crossed in front of me and had it`s head down like it was following a doe. Couldn`t see the head real good because it was moving sort of fast across the road and I was watching for any other deer so I wouldn`t hit any theres.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Seeing lots of rubs and scrapes in 2A. I made a mock scrape a few weeks ago using Pollick's preorbital and getting lots of pictures of bucks hitting it.

·
Registered
791 Posts
4b lots of rubs popping up. Saw 3 bucks making rubs. Saw sparring 2 different times this week. Few scrapes, 1.5 year old bucks active. Cams showing older bucks moving in the dark!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Spent most of yesterday (Sunday) hiking/scouting, very little buck activity yet.. 4C/211.

Reactions: JJ4D

·
Registered
545 Posts
Haven't seen much sign in my neck of the woods yet in 4D. Have yet to see a rub and only a few scrapes. In my area sign usually will start showing up about now. As far as the rut goes I think Nov 14th-20th will be the hottest week. Usually that's when all our big buck show up in the daylight on camera and we were never able to hunt that week. Thanks for the 1 week extension PGC! They did a great job with that move!

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
I have a camera on a primary scrape, getting daylight activity even with mature bucks. Last yr this scrape really took off on October 16, it was like a switch had been turned on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
First day of the early archery season here in 2B I seen a dead buck on the turnpike so I considered it full bore from that day on. What you say? Lmao

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I had a half dozen scrapes show up over night at my favorite stand. I checked the camera card and had 4 different bucks working this line over night.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Daytime movement is still slow as expected. another week and a half or 2. Then it's hunting season FO SHO!

1 - 20 of 87 Posts