The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Renting cabin at Laporte, Sullivan County in mid August. Any good spots or drives nearby for family to view animals? Also, any must see things to see or activities, restaurants?

·
Registered
12,134 Posts
High Knob view.

There are not many animals left in Sullivan especially around Laporte.

Seriously I cannot think of an area to send you where I would be sure you would see game. If I do think of an area I'll post the information.

·
Registered
299 Posts
take a ride over from laporte to Route 87 Via Dry run road. Hit the Lookout, then take 87 North to High Knob inn for Dinner or Forksville inn For a World famous Cheesesteak. If I remember they are ranked #4 in State for their Cheesesteaks.. as for seeing game good Luck...

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
I can send you from Dushore to my camp exactly 7 miles away into Bradford county, and the last 1/2 hr of light you'll see over 50 deer maybe more on any given night!! That same ride early morning seems to also turn up a bear or 3.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Rob, who's the fat guy behind the bar who acts like it was a hassle to serve a beer. I'm sorry, the place just turned my crew off because of the ignorant bar tender.

·
Registered
477 Posts
It's a bit of a drive from there, but the obvious is Benezette to see the elk. If you head there, go down 120 West from Driftwood. There is a pull off on the right looking over the fields just west of town. Deer, bear, Elk, coyotes, turkey. You name it.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.