The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not even sure what animal crushing is. I will say that I am opposed to torturing animals for human pleasures, but I have a hard time supporting any legislation that is sponsored by HSUS. As we know, this group's stated goal is to end all forms of hunting. Giving them anything in the way of legislative success concerns me.

https://www.toomey.senate.gov/?p=op_ed&id=2348

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Sounds like a law that may protect one animal every ten years? I have never heard of this before.

However, what I do believe is that such a law is nothing more than an attempt to backdoor hunting out of existence.

·
Super Moderator
27,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep. It would provide legitimacy to HSUS, in the minds of those who know no better.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Link is .....interesting?

There are always some deviate out there doing something idiotic. So, you pass a law that is covered by existing state laws and this does????

Aren't there other issues more pressing than this at the Federal level?

·
Registered
18,969 Posts
there are already animal cruelty laws that make these acts punishable by jail time. just enforce the existing laws and stop making laws, that force people to enforce laws.
arrest those for not enforcing laws as aiding and abetting. maybe they will get the message.

that goes for all laws too. enforce them all.

·
Registered
12,260 Posts
there are already animal cruelty laws that make these acts punishable by jail time. just enforce the existing laws and stop making laws, that force people to enforce laws.
arrest those for not enforcing laws as aiding and abetting. maybe they will get the message.

that goes for all laws too. enforce them all.
That is my thoughts as well. I believe there are already laws against this unless someone can show me where there is some loophole.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Just like many other issues, there are already laws against them, there is no need to have a law for every specific act when the act is already covered in an existing law. Remember, the HSUS is nothing but a fund raising operation that doesn't rescue animals or pay for vet care, they lobby for laws and get rich off the donations from people who think they actually do something. They have to push a law every once n a while to keep the donations rolling in. What they should to when they catch these sickos is to press them like they did back in the 1600s. Since they enjoy crushing the life out of puppies and kittens it would be an appropriate punishment, put one rock on the board every 20 minutes till their dead so they can really enjoy their life being crushed out of them

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
After thinking of this I sent an email to Toomey yesterday. I essentially ask him if #1-This was a real pressing issue that needed addressed at the Federal level (like....you really got nuthin better to do?) and stated the States have existing laws on the books for this. #2--I ask him if this wasn't anything more than a "back door" push to outlaw hunting?

I'll post his response (or more likely his non-response) when I hear from him.

FWIW

Edit: I read the actual bill. It excludes "lawful hunting" under the definition of animal cruelty. For now.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
After thinking of this I sent an email to Toomey yesterday. I essentially ask him if #1-This was a real pressing issue that needed addressed at the Federal level (like....you really got nuthin better to do?) and stated the States have existing laws on the books for this. #2--I ask him if this wasn't anything more than a "back door" push to outlaw hunting?

I'll post his response (or more likely his non-response) when I hear from him.

FWIW

Edit: I read the actual bill. It excludes "lawful hunting" under the definition of animal cruelty. For now.
Trap, was that an intentional pun?>:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts