The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
40,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not exactly a surprise.

Philadelphia Eagles Home Report: Andy Reid Is Fired by Jeffrey Lurie as Eagles Head Coach by Doug Kyed on Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 5:38PM.

There will be a changing of the guard in Philadelphia. After fourteen years at the helm for Philadelphia, Andy Reid has been fired, according to Reuben Frank of Comcast Sports Net. Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie informed Reid he would not be back for the 2013 season.

The Eagles finished the 2012 season 4-12 for their second disappointing season in a row — they finished 2011 8-8 after being deemed “the Dream Team.” Reid brought the Eagles to the playoffs 11 times during his tenure, including five appearances in the NFC Championship Game and one Super Bowl.

He is 130-93-1 in his head coaching career.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2012/12/report-andy-reid-is-fired-by-jeffrey-lurie-as-eagles-head-coach/

·
Banned
40,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
atr said:
I had sent him a few sweet plays acouple weeks ago , guess they were too late

I heard they were the plays that got him fired.

·
Registered
21,042 Posts
Good luck Andy.... Thanks for the 14 years. Not the perfect coach, but a solid person.

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
Not a fan of Andy Reid as a coach, but I pray for him and the difficult life experiences he had to endure.

·
Registered
12,211 Posts
Too late. He has singlehandedly destroyed a football team and now whoever comes in to replace him will be handed a pile of poop populated by individuals who have lost all concept of what a team is. I can't wait to see what happens to his next team. I hope he goes to Dallas, they deserve a coach who: can't change a game plan; can't think of anything but trick plays; can't manage his coaching staff (or a play clock). For 14 years we have heard "..gotta do a better job"; "I need to put my playes in a better position"; "Times yours". If there is a Supreme Being he will make things as they should be by having Andy Reid get he Head Coachig job for the COwboys. Oh, please, oh, please make it so.....

·
Registered
20,160 Posts
Thanks for years of entertaining years of football, hope your remembered for all the games, not just the 12 losses this season.

Actually they did him a favor,
Laurie will have to fork over 6 million if he does not coach next season which is very unlikely.
Big Red will have a new office and staff before the first Super Bowl commercial is aired.

·
Registered
21,042 Posts
Reid did everything but put the pads on. He took the Eagles to multiple NFC Championships and 1 Super Bowl. At that point, it's up to the team to perform.... They didn't.

I'm looking forward to the future and the new coach. I've heard rumors Bill O'Brien is on the list of candidates. I think he would be great for the Eagles, but I actually hope he stays at PSU.

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
I dont think Andy Reid destroyed anything, The problem was a overpaid bunch of players who once they received the money they were no longer hungry and could care less about dedication and playing as a team concept, I thought Vick was going to name some names last night , said he never played before on a team like that, they never pulled together...they need to be dumped.....

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
I think Reid will tell you he could and should have done a better job in championship games. The rest of the team should have done better too. Very rarely do games like that come down to coaching mistakes, or isolated player mistakes, with the exception of the quarterback position (see Super Bowl 30). If I were Andy Reid, I take a season off. 14 seasons is a long time at a very high pressure job. I also would make sure the situation is right before I take a job.

·
Banned
40,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Overall, the Reid era was great. He is the winningest coach in Eagles history. However, it was time for him to move on. I wish him well.

I think O'Brien would be a good pick. I can't wait for the next HC to start cutting the slackers on this team. I think the guys who get cut will be surprised when they are either out of the league or not getting paid what they "think" they are "worth".

I can't see NFL head coaches wanting them on their teams.

·
Banned
40,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think Reid will tell you he could and should have done a better job in championship games.
Reid said that very thing at every post game press conference since he got the job. Here is what he usually said:

1. I have to do a better job

2. I have to put my players in a better position to make plays

3. I take full responsibility for the loss

4. times yours

Then he would answer all questions with one of the first three statements. It would drive the reporters nuts because they never got a true answer from him.

·
Banned
40,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RonM said:
I dont think Andy Reid destroyed anything, The problem was a overpaid bunch of players who once they received the money they were no longer hungry and could care less about dedication and playing as a team concept, I thought Vick was going to name some names last night , said he never played before on a team like that, they never pulled together...they need to be dumped.....

You nailed it, Ron.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
RonM said:
Maybe so, but Reid had final say on personell and was the one responsible for bringing those players here.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts

·
Registered
20,160 Posts
Either place, KC or Arizona, the owners will not be as tolerant as Laurie was so he better have a convincing 2 year plan cause that’s about how long they’re going to give him.
I think Andy is a good coach and feel the Cards have a better team in place for him to try and make lightning strike again quickly.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts