The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in early 2009 I almost sold my little piece of paradise in Potter County. I went a few years where work obligations limited me to only one trip a year. My hunting partner (Dad) started to have some health issues that kept him from hunting and fishing with me. Then, I watched one of my close friends and co-workers die after a work related accident. I really lost interest in everything and was about to sell the camp. A few friends of mine insisted I keep the place. Most of them were hunters who had not hunted in years. Well, I kept the place and invited those guys up for the 2010 bear and "buck" season. We had such a great time, that I could never imagine ever selling the place. I've had some of my best times at camp over the last 3 years. Even the times where I made the trip by myself have been awesome. My camp was always a deer and trout camp. Now its a turkey, grouse, and bass camp too thanks to those guys. I think I've made more trips to camp over the last 3 years than I did in the previous 10. I sure am glad I kept the place!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I can't imagine not having our camp there, but I can understand what you were feeling. Glad you you didn't end up selling, that is a nice area over there. I use to fish the east fork quite often when I was younger. Where is your camp in Conrad, our camp is on the other side of wild boy by proudy.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Some times in the morning I think I made a mistake moving to Tioga county ''''''but then I walk out the door and the answer is clear

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
In that case I have been passed your camp quite a few times. Use to spend time at my dads friends place on east fork road a few miles below you. The place is on the right with a pond across the road on the left heading towards wharton.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Pigsty,
Glad you kept your little piece of heaven, drop buy some time when you want to do a little Grouse hunting. Real glad you kept your place.
Pine Creek/Dave

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I appreciate the invite. We've actually had some really good luck walking the hills right around my place for grouse (no dogs needed) over the past few years. We've kicked up a bunch...and missed most of them....lol

·
Registered
20,433 Posts
I'll tell you, my camp probably wont ever get finished due to poverty and lack of knowledge, but I still enjoy hanging out in the shell! Don't give yours up. That would have been a mistake.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts